Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Tennis Chick

Mobile menu doesn't work

The Tennis Chick

Hi y'all :-)

I love having the content shadow, and use the fixed width layout, but doing so messes up my mobile menu.

From what I have read, if I put my site on a responsive width layout, the mobile menu would appear properly, but then would I be able to add a content shadow via CSS? And if so, I have no idea how to do that :-(

My site with the content shadow:

http://www.thetennischick.com

I currently have the mobile view turned off, since I am using the fixed width layout, but this is what it looks like when it's turned on:

IMG_3076.png

Danny

Hi,

This is related to either your customization to the navigation you have made or your minify plugin. I recommend you disable the minify plugin and see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't you will need to remove your customization and see if this resolves your issue. If the issue is related to your customization, we will not be able to provide assistance, as it is your code not ours.

Please search our forums, before posting!

The Tennis Chick

Hi Danny :-)

Thanks for the quick response. I disabled the W3SuperCache, and even set the site design mode to full width. My layout handling was already set to responsive with pixel width. I didn't remove any CSS customizations for the navbar though, as I've only removed side margins, and added colored borders. I didn't think that would have any effect on the layout of the mobile feature.

And though the menu centered itself, it still isn't what it should be. Could this possibly be corrected with CSS?

IMG_3077.png

Danny

Ah I apologise, I missed that you were using Nav Classic. Nav Classic isn't a responsive menu. Therefore, if you wish use the mobile menu you will need to use the NavBar section.

The Tennis Chick

Ahhhh... Thanks :-) But does the Navbar also have the drop down sub menus? 

Danny

It doesn't but it uses the Bootstrap design of drop down menus, meaning that to access your drop down menus, you need to click the parent item. This also means, that the parent item doesn't work as a link.

The Tennis Chick

I've switched the menu to nav bar, and while it looks OK in mobile view, it looks terrible when looking at the "full site view" on mobile. Maybe it's just iPhone 6 that looks bad? The "Home" is open by default. Is there any way to fix it? Here's what it looks like on full site view mode:

IMG_3080.png

Danny

What do you mean by "full site view" on mobile ? PageLines Framework has no option for that, your site is either mobile or not? Are you using a plugin to add this functionality ?

The Tennis Chick

Hi Danny :-)

No, I'm not using a plugin to allow for the full site to be viewed, I'm just not using the mobile function because there isn't a way for people to see the full site if they want to. This is how it looks without the mobile feature being used. For some reason, the navbar is vertical, rather than horizontal.

Danny

Unfortunately, this is caused by your custom CSS. Therefore, we are unable to assist further. Also, if you want your site to be responsive you're going to need to want to re-enable the mobile responsiveness option.