Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pier.zrpc

bespoke theme crash after updating.

pier.zrpc

[attachment=2561:Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 16.40.48.jpg]

Hi everyone,

I've just made the All in One SEO PACK update on my website. Just after the update my DMS bespoke theme is broken. I tried to disable all my plugins but my bespoke theme is still broken. I tried to activate another theme and i came back to the bespoke theme but the problem is the same :-(

It's the third time i've got this problem, always after updating wordpress plugins. And the solution seems to be always different in each case. Now i'm really lost, i don't know what can i do this time.

Now i'm afraid of updating anything. Is there a problem with this theme ?

Please i really need help !!!

Thank you so much

Hey There,

This is the challenge of building anything in the WordPress ecosystem.  The issues usually are the result of plugins that mess with configuration files.  In terms of how to approach this, I have a suggestion; always test updates on a staging server before pushing them live.  You could also do this locally by setting up an install of Bespoke and installing your plugins and when there's an update, test it there to see how it might affect your main site, then go to the plugin author and let them know how their latest update affected your site.  That's the best way to avoid any potential downtime on your site and you can get going for free with an app called Desktop Server.  

Also, when it comes to working with any theme, using a child theme is a good way to go.  

I realize this doesn't solve your current problem but unfortunately it's impossible for us to support plugin conflicts but please feel free to post something here so we can see what happened.  There may be something the community can do to mitigate the issue or resolve it.  

James.

pier.zrpc

Hi James,

You're right, i better understand the way it works now. This is my first website and i need to practice :) but everything is ok for now.  

Thank you for your post and sorry for my bad english 

See you on the forum

• Similar Content

• pier.zrpc
      By pier.zrpc
        Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 16.40.48.jpg   143.64KB   1 downloads

Hi everyone,

I've made the All in One SEO PACK update on my website. Just after the update my DMS bespoke theme is broken. I tried to disable all my plugins but my bespoke theme is still broken. I tried to activate another theme and i came back to the bespoke theme but the problem is the same :-(
      It's the third time i've got this problem, always after updating wordpress plugins. And the solution seems to be always different in each case. Now i'm really lost, i don't know what can i do this time.

Now i'm afraid of updating anything. Is there a problem with this theme ?

Please i really need help !!!

Thank you so much..

Pier

• pier.zrpc
      By pier.zrpc
      Hi everyone,

i try to change the Font face  of my website in the pagelines settings area (typography).

BUT : 

I doesn't change anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help

Pier

• pillar
      By pillar
      After preview OR activation of the Bespoke Theme 1.0.1 an internal error 500 occurs. Wp debug states: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class EditorStoreFront in /var/www/[...]/wp-content/themes/jg-bespoke/dms/editor/editor.api.php on line 7.

This happen on a clean webserver (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server 64bit, Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu), MySQL5.5.40-0ubuntu0.14.04.1, PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.5, Wordpress 4.0) and neither
      Wordpress plugins are installed nor .htaccess files are placed.

Can anybody help me?