Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOTO11

OPT IN BOXES!

GOTO11

Why isn't there a full professional opt in section in pageline style? The PL plug in doesn't work with double optin as far as i can see. Been on teh chat with mailchimp and they can figure it out also. I just get a last conformation mail when i sign up with this plug in.

Pagelines has got beuatifull optin boxes on their site Why isn't that standard available in this day and age of email marketing?????

Other options i have tried JUST DO NOT MATCH the design. Isn't that the whole point with Pagelines?

Danny

Hi,

Please refrain from posting in another topic and then creating a completely new topic covering the same question(s). I have copied and pasted my answer from the topic you wrote the same question in below.

I am not quite sure what you're referring to, the PL Signup section works I have just tried it. In regards to as to why it doesn't work with multiple sections on the same page, I have reported this to our tracker, but this isn't as far as I am aware a bug. As, it is very rare for any site (I have never seen one) have two or more email sign forms.

If you wish to have multiple email sign up forms, then you will need to use a third party plugin and if this plugins style isn't to your liking, simply use custom CSS to style to your preference.

Also, PageLines DMS isn't designed to cover all aspects of web design, that is the purpose of the PageLines store. If a feature or functionality isn't part of DMS out of the box, you can extend it through either purchasing sections from our store, writing your own sections or using the millions of plugins available on the WordPress plugin repository.

Please search our forums, before posting!

GOTO11

Hi Danny,

I think you miss the point here.

I want just one opt in box om my site

But even if i would like more than that should be ok to, don't you think?

FIRST OF ALL: I do think that opt in boxes should be in Pagelines Standard section sections. What is a website WITHOUT an email optin??

SECOND : PL-Plug in is the only external optin there is in the store ( as far as i can see it)

THIRDLY: The PL Plug only adds my email to the list but doesnot trigger the whole thankyou and double optin sequence as it is set up on mailchimp.

It skips all these mails and mailchimp just sends out the very last conformation/reference mail.

I tried a OPTIMIZE press optin box ( Just LOVE their flexibility) and there the email-only box just works fine with the same list.

BUT.....;-) i would love to have the box in the look and feel of pagelines.

What can you suggest?

Danny

I suggest if you wish to have more features you use a plugin that offers these features. For example, Gravity Forms has a MailChimp signup, which may be to your liking. I will also bring up your feedback to our developers.

GOTO11

Thank you. I will try that.

Like i said the DMS version is already on the pagelines site itself! 

http://www.pagelines.com/>>> "@TRY PAGELINES FOR FREE"

Danny

The "Try PageLines for Free" isn't the PL Signup section, it is a custom form built to allow visitors to try DMS for a period of time, it is not the same thing.

GOTO11

I understand. But that custom build thing could be turned into a absolute key section. Would be great to have on top of your website as an optin like so many marketers do nowadays. Please forward my suggestion to the developpers-team. Because - as i understand it- the thing already exists ;-)

GOTO11

Hi Danny,

I just discovered the problem with de Pagelines Sign up section.

It is standard set to single opt in.

Question:

Is this a third party plug in?

Is there a double optin option that i missed?

Thanks!

Danny

I understand. But that custom build thing could be turned into a absolute key section. Would be great to have on top of your website as an optin like so many marketers do nowadays. Please forward my suggestion to the developpers-team. Because - as i understand it- the thing already exists ;-)

I am not sure what you mean by this thing already exists?

Hi Danny,

I just discovered the problem with de Pagelines Sign up section.

It is standard set to single opt in.

Question:

Is this a third party plug in?

Is there a double optin option that i missed?

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by Single opt in ? Not sure what you mean by is this a third party plugin, is what a third party plugin ? What do you mean by is there a double opt in ?

GOTO11

Okay....i thought these were household names in email marketing.

1. Is the Pagelines SingnUp Section a Pagelines product? Or is it from an external party?

2. Single optin >> submitter does not have to confirm via an conformation mail

3. Double optin >> submitter first has to click the link in the conformation mail before added to the list and receiving more mail ( obligatorry in most cases to prevent spamming)

Frank

Danny

PageLines Signup is a PageLines product. However, it has been designed to work with MailChimp i.e. you use your MailChimp campaigns and forms, all the section does is use the MailChimp API for it to work.

Therefore, if the form doesn't have any optin that is because of how MailChimp works. Therefore, if you do not like how the PL SignUp works, you're going to need to use a third party plugin.

GOTO11

Please, i have been on the chat with mailchimp two times now and they say it is the recommend way to have a DOUBLE opt in. I really think your developppers should look into this straight away and make that option available.

Danny

As I have already mentioned above, I have passed your feedback onto our developers already.

GOTO11

Great! Thanks a lot

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?