Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

photomom86

Need to fix Margin in ONE widgetized area

photomom86

Hello, I have a widgetized area right above a slider in my main content area on my blog. I've put google ad code in this widget and now there is a LOT of extra white space under the ad before the slider. I've tried using a mediabox instead (that's what I have in my header section and as you can see in the screen shot there is no extra space under or below my branding area or social bar) but either way, with the mediabox or the widgetizer it still leaves a lot of extra space under the google ad. Someone here helped me fix the extra margin in my header area but I cannot figure out how to fix that here. the site is in debug mode. and I have already tried deactivating plugins.

here is the screenshot: http://snag.gy/kDpdq.jpg

the main url is: http://greeneyedcountrygirl.com

here is a line of code in my custom css that I think is what's keeping everything tight in the header section but I have no idea how to make this work for this area above the slider. I'd prefer to use a mediabox over a widgetized area because then I can center it.

#mediaboxum8e7y .pl-section-pad,
#mediaboxum8e7y p {
  margin-bottom: 0;
}

and here is the ad code:
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Post Header Ad -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-0702005350081817"
     data-ad-slot="5996789465"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

Aires

Hi photomom86

Your site looks broken everything it's all funky looking. No formatting at all. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

photomom86

Hey Aires, thanks for the heads up. I turned off debug mode and cleared the cache. looks like it's working now.

Aires

photomom86

Give this a try

li#text-140 {
    margin-bottom:0px;
}

#widgetizeru2i4dj .pl-section-pad.fix {
    margin-bottom:0px;
}

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

photomom86

perfect Aires that worked. thanks much!

photomom86

wondering if you could help me out now with the same deal, just in the header section....anytime I try to add anything to the mediabox that has the social bar the margin gets all huge again. I want to add google ad code under the "follow me on social" text.

Danny

As far as I can tell, you have some invalid HTML somewhere and this is causing the following to be repeated throughout your site and is likely causing the huge gap in your header section.

</a>

https://cloudup.com/cVIXso7KFm9

Therefore, you're going to need to review the HTML you have added and either remove the code or correct the error. Once you have done this, the space should be reduced.

Please search our forums, before posting!