Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

titus

Best approach to mass editing 1000+ pages/post

titus

Thanks to anyone who can help me think this through... :cool: 

What's the best way to ensure your old pages and post are all look the same by default? 

They all use the "default" template right?

Does it change based on type (ex. page/post)? 

I need to exclude the feature image on both types, hide the sidebar on pages, and make sure the h1 is displayed by default on both. 

How would an avid DMS user accomplish this on 1000+ existing pages / posts?

Thanks --- Titus

Danny

Hi,

Well it is not possible to have individual templates for posts, one template will be applied to all posts. In regards to over 1000 pages, that is rather excessive I must say. However, you can enable Bulk edit on the DMS Pro Tools plugin where you can apply one template to multiple pages.

http://answers.pagelines.com/how-to-use-dms-pro-tools

Please search our forums, before posting!

titus

That's okay. I only need posts and pages to look the same by default. Usually I edit the single.php or page.php so I'm looking for the equivalent. 

It looks like you can bulk apply templates to posts using the DMS Pro Tools though. It says so in the plugin config.

Is that right?

Thanks Danny 

Danny

DMS is not like a standard WordPress and therefore, you're unable to edit a single.php or page.php. Posts can not have individual templates, all posts share one template. Therefore, if you want to have your posts and pages share the same template, simply create a template that contains the WP-Content/PostLoop section and then apply this template to one post (all other posts will inherit this template) and your pages. Once you have set the template to your pages, you will also need to go to DMS Toolbar > Page Setup and on Templates, and when you click on your template options (arrow down icon), select "Set as Page Global Default".

https://cloudup.com/ckhNgQjmZ6d

Please search our forums, before posting!