Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pazyluz

fixed navbar image too bog for mobiles, gets pushed below menu bar

pazyluz
I created an image for the fixed navbar on my desktop site. The image is too big for mobiles and gets pushed below the mobile menu bar. It not only looks ugly but takes up a lot of space.

What do I need to do to shrink this image so that it stays fixed in the nav area, fits beside the mobile menu and grows with the various size browsers for mobile devices?

This doesnt happen when I shrink my desktop browser or I would provide a screenshot.

peggygreen.net
DMS1
Details theme

Danny

Hi Peggy,

I am positive I have already informed you of this via our helpdesk. The issue is your image itself, the height is fine, but the width is too wide. So you can do one of two things.

1. Reduce your image sizes width via a photo editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP.

2. Use something called a Media Query to target your image for specific widths and reduce the image size via CSS. For more information on media queries, see the links below. Please be aware that media queries are used to change the DMS beyond what was on intended and therefore, we are unable to provide assistance if you encounter difficulties.

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_mediaquery.asp

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/CSS/Media_queries

Please search our forums, before posting!

pazyluz
Thanks Danny. I dont think I've ever mentioned this specific issue but its likely I've raised other things like it. I was hoping to avoid media query and thinking there might be some other css gizmo.

Danny

If you do not wish to use media queries, then I would suggest you reduce the width of your image in a photo editing application.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      Hello,
      Shouldn't the image PL5 component be using the srcset/picture css directives to pick the correct size for an image? or it does already and I don't know how to use it? Thank you for any advice or enlightenment.
    • stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      Is there a way to disable the responsive function of your iBoxes?
      I do not want all iBoxes underneath each other on mobile, is there a way to fix columns or group boxes?
      I use them for small links and want them to stay next to each other, see attachment
      Please let me know.

• dwpoyner
      By dwpoyner+
      Not sure exactly what is causing the issue. For some reason, why you view my site on mobile, the menu does not show up. It will pop up, but it is black. You can check it out here: http://dev.caryfbc.org. I'm also attaching a screenshot where I shrunk my browser down. Any suggestions?

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • lionel1
      By lionel1
      Hi,
      I use on my home page " impulse module " but when i look on my iPhone the image is cut and not responsive .
      i only have this problem with this module not with the other one .
      thanks for ur help
      website / www.elonakane.com 
      Lionel