Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Olsson

Display less excerpt in masonic gallery

John Olsson

Hi, i'll wan't to display less excerpt in masonic gallery than the default, I have looked in the section.php-file but i am unable to find where it says how many words is allowed in the excerpt. Any ideas?

Danny

Hi,

The excerpt is controlled by WordPress, the default is 55. Therefore, if you want to change the length you will need to use a filter. However, this will effect all excerpts on your site.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/excerpt_length

Please search our forums, before posting!

John Olsson

Ah, i see, that explains a lot! :) Tnx!

Danny

No Problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I'm trying to add a Careers page to a site to display job openings. The plan is to create a Post using a subcategory 'Careers' and then display those on the page. All of the post sections in PL seem to include images and there's no obvious way to remove them or include an excerpt from the post. 
      Any suggestions?
    • stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      The Filtering of categories in the Masonic Gallery refreshes back to ALL categories when the DMS Revslider loads a new image?
      Anybody any idea? See Artists Category refreshes back to ALL when the DMS Revslider with images on the top loads a news image on http://www.18hrsfestival.nl/
    • Timothy
      By Timothy+
      I'm trying to find a way to display the full content of my posts on my posts page rather than the post excerpt. 
      I've tried using various plugins to create a custom excerpt with no success, so I'm guessing I'll need to make the change to the theme files. That being said I'm not able to find where I would make that change. In the past I've been able to replace <?php the_excerpt(); ?> with <?php the_content(); ?>, but I'm unable to locate this in the framework theme? Am I missing something here?
    • Susan
      By Susan+
      I have three items in my Masonic section. I would like them to center on the page. Here is the page on my staging site. What is the CSS code to do this? I don't see another option to handle this.
      Thank you.

• Susan
      By Susan+
      Please tell me how to remove the date on hover from the Masonic section. The dummy for this page is here.
      An older post here showed the following for it (below) but it does not work (anymore?).
      #site .pl-center-cell .metabar { display: none; } Thank you.