Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoWoman

Drag and Drop | Edits are getting deleted upon refresh. Cant add sidebar to posts page.

GoWoman

I am really struggling. I thought this was going to be a simple drag and drop set up but it seems I was so wrong. 

Just when I thought I got the hang of it, my edits keep getting deleted. 

I am trying to sort out my blog post pages with a sidebar on the right. None of the existing templates seem to work. I add two columns, resize the columns, add the WP Content/Loop to the column on the left and then add the Widgetizer to the column on the right. This column keeps getting forced into a new row and it then becomes impossible to edit the width so it stays where it is suppose to. Very frustrating as I have been on this since yesterday. Other options tried keeps getting erased everytime I refresh to see changes as it tells me to.

Unfortunately this is not a new website. It is an active site that we are rebranding and so I have had to install a coming soon plugin so visitors don't see the mess till everything is in place so you will not be able to see it from just visiting the link. I wish there was a way to just edit within the WordPress admin page as I never have issues there in and I am beginning to feel Pagelines was a bad idea. This is ridiculous and wasting so much time. Not trying to make any major CSS edits so didn't think it would be so complicated. Seems your drag and drop feature just isn't working for me. 

Please let me know if I need to provide anything to get this sorted. 

Thanks. 

jmad

Sounds like you have a cache issue to me.  Make sure you have DMS caching turned off (developer option); it could also be caching through your host.  Also, you could try disabling all plugins and see if that helps.  

I've used DMS2 for half-a-dozen sites or more recently and occasionally ran into section placement issues just once or twice and it was always cache or browser related. 

As far as using the WP page editor, you can do that in DMS.  Either using divs or the shortcodes built into DMS ( http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/shortcodes) and/orthis free DMS plugin ( http://www.pagelines.com/shop/components/grid-shortcodes/ ) that adds grid shortcodes.  

I don't know for sure how others build there pages but I typically use the front-end editor for the landing pages or more "impactful" pages and then shortcodes or divs on the others.  Not sure there is a right or wrong way here.  

stoltz

I am having exactly the same thing happening to me. I add sections (colmns, textboxes etc) and they disappear upon save. I cannot save them to templates or anything similar.

Sounds like a bug to me.

stoltz

When I add a two column section, one column ends up inside the other upon a refresh and same thing has happened to media boxes, they end up inside each other. This borks the whole template and when I save sections, which has become nested (not by design) disappear.

jmad

It would be helpful to know the following.

What version of DMS are you using?  Do you have Pro and Dev tools installed?  Do you have all your plugins deactivated?  Do you or the host you are using have cache tools/plugins of some type running?  Is this a new problem that happened with a new version of DMS you installed?

Danny

HI,

I can guarantee that what you're experiencing isn't the intended behaviour of DMS and is not a bug. If you have configured your template with sections and upon refresh, they're not saving the likely cause is one of the following:

1. You have a plugin or plugins installed that are causing a conflict, usually cache plugins are to blame. Therefore, you're going to need to disable all active plugins and see if the issue persists.

2. If disabling your plugins doesn't resolve your issue, then it will likely be your server environment. Usually, the issues you're describing are cache based or poorly configured servers. I have done a reverse IP check on both your sites and found that GoWoman you're using shared hosting and have over 900 other websites running on the same server. This is likely the cause of your issue, shared hosting is cheap web hosting and with web hosting you most certainly get what you pay for. Having over 900 other websites on the same server means that each of these sites are sharing the same server resources as your site and therefore, it is likely that the host provider has configured the server in such as way that is likely causing your issue.

The link below is a screenshot of the results of your reverse IP check

https://cloudup.com/cXn54EX15xH

stoltz"] - When I ran the reverse IP check on your domain, the result was your domain only. This means you either have your own IP, a VPS or a DedBox. If you're experiencing the same issues as @[member="GoWoman, then your server isn't configured correctly or you have a number of plugins installed which may be the cause.

Please search our forums, before posting!