Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pazyluz

show certain menu on mobile browsers

pazyluz

I have a few pages I would like to display to mobile browsers.

In Settings>Layout & Nav>Select Primary and Secondary Navigation Menus, I have set "Mobile"  as the menu I would like displayed to Mobile browsers.  

However, it is the Primary menu that displays on mobile browsers.  Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

http://PeggyGreen.net

DMS1

Details theme

Danny

Hi,

Those options are for the Mobile menu only i.e. the menu that is displayed in the slider. It will not change or control what is displayed in your primary nav. If you wish to have the WordPress menu display different menus on different devices you will need to ask this question on the WordPress support forums or see if a plugin provides this functionality.

Please search our forums, before posting!

pazyluz

I am talking about a pagelines setting not a wp setting.  I'm in settings>layout and nav>  where it says: "This will be used in mobile menus and optionally other places throughout your site."  I interpret "mobile menu" to mean menus on mobile phones. Are you telling me that mobile refers to something else??? I have to say I have had problems interpreting PL lingo.  

The YAMS plugin was made by PL's Nick Haskins and works fine.  What I want is for the top left 3-bar menu on the phones to display the same menu as YAMS which is way down on the page.

Danny

The mobile menu will only appear on devices that have a specific width i.e. tablets and mobile phones. The mobile menu appears when you click the hamburger icon i.e. three horizontal lines underneath one another and when clicked, the mobile menu slides into view. The menu that's displayed there is controlled from the Layout & Nav > Primary and Secondary menu options. Primary is supposed to be used for your important menu items such as Contact us, About us, News or Blog etc... Where as Secondary 

This is your mobile menu - https://cloudup.com/iWkk8UCi7Hw

There is absolutely no issue whatsoever, with the Primary and secondary menu options for the mobile menu. Also, if you're having issues with the YAMS plugin, you will likely need to stop using it, as Nick the developer of the plugin no longer provides supports for any of his PageLines products nor can we provide support for it either as it is a third party plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello, inexplicably few signs have appeared at the beginning of each excerpts, removing the option these signs disappear, but appear when I activate it again. You know why happen this?.

Yo can see online here: http://www.latitudestudio.eu/press-news/ 

• dherries
      By dherries
      I am trying to add a widgetizer to my page/post and the system does not let it drag. The system creates  large Widgetizer logo and nothing will happen. What am I doing wrong?  I am using DSM 1.1.9.  Website is www.moveincache.com
    • mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello everyone. :)   Is possible set a selected Section Area to height of window browser with custom CSS, just like DMS2 presets? Someone knows some best practice?   I know how to set to fixed footer, but i think this case of study is different.   Thanks!
    • pazyluz
      By pazyluz+
      I have pages that display on phones and pages for desktops/laptops.  The ipad displays the mobile/phone pages but would look far better if they displayed the desktop version.  How/Can I display the desktop version on ipad?  If I cannot do that, can you advise me as to the best course of action?  Thank you.

http://peggygreen.net
    • pazyluz
      By pazyluz+
      In between forum posts, I am getting the above response telling me to wait another 57 seconds before posting a second topic.  (WHAAAAT?) To continue with my post, I have to hit the back button only to find that you have erased everything I just wrote. Please explain and fix this immediately.  Thank you.