Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lightsyouonfire

Reinstall Pagelines without losing templates & data?

lightsyouonfire

Hello!  

Back on December 10th I was doing my weekly quality check of my website, http://pointeperfect.com, and noticed that all Pagelines related functions on my site were gone.  No options to open the editor, and while the content still exists all styling is gone.  Here's what my homepage looks like right now:

SimpleHomePage_zps41c242ed.png

I understand I likely just need to reinstall pagelines.  I am running the most UTD versions of every plugin, and wordpress itself.  I checked to make sure none of my plugins are known to be incompatible, I also tried turning off every plugin and activating them one by one to single out any obvious conflicts with no luck.

I know almost nothing about coding (that's why I use pagelines!), but I can navigate wordpress and my hosting pages without issue.  I had templates set up for each of my page styles, I'm hoping there is a way  to reinstall Pagelines without losing those templates?  

Any assistance is definitely appreciated.  

Thanks,

Lindsay 

lightsyouonfire

(Also, sorry if this is a dumb question that's been answered a million times!  I did try searching the forums before posting)

Danny

Hi Lindsay,

We are going to need to view the site in question without the maintenance plugin active or can you send me a PM with the following information please.

1. A link to this topic, so I know what the PM is regarding.

2. A link to the site in question.

3. Your admin username/password

4. Make sure all plugins are disabled.

Please search our forums, before posting!

lightsyouonfire

Hi Danny, thanks for your help yet again!  Sorry for the delay, the holidays have been just nuts.  

I have had a slight breakthrough in narrowing down my issue.  I deactivated my original installation of DMS2 and installed a new copy.  When I applied the new install it brought me to the typical DMS editor as normal, but gives me this error at the top of my screen:

Warning: unlink(D:\Hosting\11176485\html/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/editor-draft.css) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\11176485\html\wp-content\themes\dms\dms\includes\lib.cache.php on line 53

I searched out this file on my FTP and it makes little sense to me so I chose to not make things worse by messing around with it.  If I navigate away from the editor, it reverts back to the screenshot I originally shared.  

I went to go back and deactivate all of my plugins again, but I get a list of the same error as above for 16 items, plus this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Hosting\11176485\html\wp-content\themes\dms\dms\includes\lib.cache.php:53) in D:\Hosting\11176485\html\wp-includes\pluggable.php on line 1178

I don't mess around with settings or files on my ftp at all, I'm not sure where things went wrong.  PM incoming with login info.  

Danny

Hi Lindsay,

I have logged into your site and I am unable to identify the cause of your issue. However, I am unable to get the DMS debug option to enable. Therefore, the likely cause is your server configuration, which may have changed.

Also, I am not aware that GoDaddy use Windows based server which is what your error is displaying. Therefore, the best course of action is contact them ask them if they have made any changes to your server configuration, especially if there was no issue with your before your last quality check.

Please search our forums, before posting!

lightsyouonfire

Hi Danny!  Thanks SO much for your help!

I ended up calling GoDaddy today and they checked out the error that I listed above.  He says it's definitely a permissions error causing issues with DMS.  He went in and set up a script to run and reset permissions, but he asked me to come back here and ask what permissions DMS should have active in the themes folder.  

Does DMS need to be marked "web writable"?  

Thanks! 

Simon

DMS only needs read/write permissions to your uploads folder, just like normal WordPress does to upload images.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?