Sign in to follow this  
taxguycpa

Why did my footer turn white?

taxguycpa

Not sure what happened, but I had not made any changes and now my footer is white.. Any reason this would happen. How can I get it back to the default footer color. www.cafetax.com. thanks

Kate

Hi Joe - The first step would be to validate it. When I tried, I got an error that it could not be checked because of a character on line 899. This is the line: `` Notice the "?"... that should be an apostrophe. (Generally this will happen with copy/paste.) Try removing that to see what happens. (It's from the video just before the footer...) If that doesn't do the trick, then add this to your custom CSS: `#footer{background:#000000;}` Let me know how it goes.

taxguycpa

When I made that change I got Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/t/a/x/taxguycpa/html/wp-content/plugins/morfeo-basic-video-gallery/morfeo_basic.php on line 105 I added the custom CSS but that did not work. Darn plugins.. I wonder if I should just uninstall and reinstall the plugin. Thanks for noticing the issue for me. You guys are great support, just great. -Joe

taxguycpa

Still didn't work. I wonder if there is another error somewhere.

Kate

Hmmm... I'll take a look. I had tried the CSS myself and it worked, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't. Let me see... Edit: I tried the CSS again, and it definitely seems to work. Could you retry just to make sure it doesn't? Also, there are a lot of validation errors still. It may be the result of a missing end tag, etc.: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cafetax.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&verbose=1&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.1

taxguycpa

CSS worked this time, thank you :) I will reinstall the video widget and hope it doesnt mess up. Ha

Kate

@Joe No problem :) ... And, please do let me know how it goes with the widget.

dugoutic

Can someone tell me exactly where to add the above code that Kate suggested? I currently have the same problem as Joe did. I want to make sure I add the code to the right location. Is it PlatformPro/Settings/Custom Code/Custom CSS (CSS Rules area?)