Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stephenoke

Enable LESS in customise plugin

stephenoke

Hi, I am hoping I can get some help with what I assume will be a pretty simple issue.

I am new to LESS and I am trying to get the style.less file working on my site. As per the advice in the Pagelines docs, I have activated the customize plugin, created a new document called style.less in the pagelines-customize folder and put some css in there to test. The css is not being applied.

Is this all that is required to apply the style.less file or have I missed any steps? I put the same code in the style.css file and this works fine so I don't think there are any problems with the code.

Thanks in advance

Danny

Hi Stephen,

There is no need to use the Customize plugin, use a child theme instead, as they're basically the same. So you can use either the PL Starter themes or my Skeleton theme.

http://answers.pagelines.com/how-to-install-a-child-theme

http://dannyholt.github.io/skeleton/

Please search our forums, before posting!

stephenoke

Thanks, I will have a look at those articles. Will activating a child theme reset all of my changes made within the DMS editor or just the additional CSS?

Danny

A child theme shouldn't reset your DMS layouts etc.., the only thing that may change are widgets and your menus, as they're specific to theme. However, as this is a child theme, that shouldn't be the case. For sanity reasons, it would be wise to perform a backup prior to enabling the child theme.

If you have custom CSS in the DMS editor, you will want to copy and paste this into the child theme editor and if you have any custom CSS/LESS in the customize plugin, copy and paste this into the child themes style.css or style.less files, depending on the code you're using.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• GreyFoxWebDesign
      By GreyFoxWebDesign+
      Hi, could you let me know where the custom less/css is saved to - i.e. how I could access it directly via the server.
      I hid the Admin Bar by mistake and now can't save any changes to the Custom CSS as the Save Button is not available - so I need to find another way to access and edit the custom CSS.
      Thanks in advance
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      How do I get the LESS in a child theme to compile?
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • dymond
      By dymond+
      I've been trying to upload a video to use as a video background, but the size was 12m, and the alotted max file size is 8m. I downloaded a couple of pugins that increase the size by creating php.ini files and all of that jazz, but to no avail. It would say (Max file size = 250mb) but after I uploaded I would get an "HTTP ERROR",
      Soooo I logged into my cpanel and saw that the php I was using was 4 version out of date. I upgraded my php to PHP 5.6 and now I get
      Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 39583744) (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in /homepages/39/d200014696/htdocs/dymondentertainment.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/less.plugin.php on line 848
      When I activiate another theme that is not pagleines, the site works fine.... but will no longer work with Pagelines DMS Version 2.2

My site has no gone dark. What can I do?