Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lazlo

iBox with Skeleton Basic theme

lazlo

Hi, 

I am trying to tweak the ibox section on a site I'm using Skeleton basic as a child theme.

I am trying to collapse the gap between the title and link, where a description goes, as there aren't any descriptions :o) 

The text defaults to Lorem Ipsum - I can hide this by changing it to a &nbsp; but then theres a gap . I tried ttheCSS route of making the item display:none; but the description field doesn't have an id or class.  ( <div data-sync="ibox_array_item3_text">&nbsp;</div> )

What I'm there fore trying to do (unless there's and easier way) is to copy the ibox section to a newly created sections folder themes > skeleton-basic > sections > ibox, where i have put an amended php file with out the lorem ipsum defaults. 

This isn't making any difference to the front end - if i just edit the iBox in the DMS theme's sections, it's just going to get overwritten on update.

...what am i doing wrong? ;o)

Danny

Hi,

The option needs to be used by default, if all you're going to go show is an image and title, then you may as well just use the MediaBox and some HTML. However, if you're going to proceed and create a child section of iBox via a child theme, you will likely need to click the Reload Sections button on Add to Page. Once you have made your code changes.

Please be aware that we do not provide support for users editing sections as this is considered user created code.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      Is there a way to disable the responsive function of your iBoxes?
      I do not want all iBoxes underneath each other on mobile, is there a way to fix columns or group boxes?
      I use them for small links and want them to stay next to each other, see attachment
      Please let me know.

• abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Is there a shortcode or a way to automatically pull the site name into the footer or elsewhere?
    • MobileParity
      By MobileParity+
      Does anyone know what features have been included in the Foundation theme? Such as building blocks or the Motion UI?
    • DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Site URL: http://thelocalfilmnetwork.com
      Host: GoDaddy
      Hi Pagelines team and community,

I am going to be attempting to do a full migration from GoDaddy to WPEngine. 
      I need to know, will I lose the front-end customisations I have made?
      Also are there any backups or things I need to do to ensure that I do not lose any important info relating to the site?
      Kind regards,
      Dan

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date