Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jprummer

Site Blank when Pagelines Editor is Active

jprummer

I just moved this to a dev site and the site shows up blank when opened in the DMS frontend editor, while the site itself when logged into firefox or not logged in to chrome is fine: http://www.krassandco.lightningbasehosted.com/

I deactivated all plugins and it didn't change. I'm guessing it's some sort of js conflict?

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Danny

Hi Jeremiah,

Your issue is likely caused by the cache plugin you have installed. I recommend you flush the cache from within the plugins settings and then disable it, this should resolve your issue. Even though said you disabled the plugin, you may have still have been viewing a cache version. Once you have flushed the cache from the plugin and disabled it, make sure to clear your browsers cache/history etc...

Please search our forums, before posting!

jprummer

I flushed the cache and it didn't seem to work. Any other debugging methods you recommend? When I look at the page's source code I see that the content is in the $.pl variable put it's not displaying anything.

Danny

You're going to need to disable all plugins, enable DMS debug mode and remove any scripts you may have added.

Also, enable WP_DEBUG set to true ands if there is any error printed when you view the blank page.

jprummer

Can you provide any information as to what might be the cause? This is an eCommerce site with significant traffic and revenue. I can't just deactivate all plugins and leave it like that for several days as we go back and forth via a forum, so I would very much appreciate some things I can look for. Again, everything seems to be present in the $.pl variable, so what would cause that to not display in the editor? I'll certainly do as you've said, but I need to know what to look for before I do it.

Danny

A blank page or White Screen of Death (WSOD) is usually a PHP error. Therefore, if you configure WP_DEBUG to true a PHP error may well be printed to screen, informing us what the issue is.

However, the fact that you have a cache plugin installed, could also be the culprit and we can not provide support to users who have cache plugins active. The reason for this is that, so many users think that cache plugins work like magic and all they need to do is enable the plugin and start enabling options. This is not the cache and the plugin needs to be configured correctly to match your servers configuration. If a cache plugin isn't configured correctly, it can cause all kinds of issues.

The fact that the DMS editor when active is causing a white screen, is the intended behaviour and I am not able to recreate it on my test site. This means you're going to need to disable all active plugins, remove all custom code/scripts and see if this resolves your issue.

If it does, then we can then eliminate your server being the cause. You're then going to need to do the pain in the backside process of enabling one plugin at a time and see if the issue returns, if it does, then the plugin you just activated is the culprit. If no plugin causes the issue, then it is likely custom code you may have added.

So please do the following:

1. Enable WP_DEBUG (i.e. set to true) and see if any error is printed on the WSOD.

2. If no error is printed, disable all plugins and see if the editor appears.

3. If no error is printed and disabling all active plugins (make sure your cache plugin has been disabled, by viewing your page source and scroll to the bottom) does not resolve the issue. You're going to need to remove all code and scripts from your site, this includes any you may have added to sections.

jprummer

Great, thanks! I doubt it's a php error, as everything except the editor is working great, but I'll be sure to check that out just in case. Otherwise I've already tried deactivating all plugins, removing cache, switching themes and switching back. So we'll see...

jprummer

Nothing is working and now the site design is completely broken. From start to finish this has literally been the worst experience I have ever had with a theme. Your front end editing is buggy and there's no backup because everything of any importance is run through a database and javascript. I am so, so frustrated with this whole thing. Is there any way to convert these page templates into php files, or am I just stuck?

jprummer

Oh, and when I saw nothing was working, I mean, none of the standard debug methods bring up anything. No PHP errors, disabling all caching and plugins and rolling back to just the pagelines theme didn't work. The only exception was that the main content area displayed when all plugins were deactivated. Otherwise, no sections display.

Danny

Jeremiah,

You have according your page source, a huge amount of custom scripts, you're going to need to disable all plugins and remove all scripts you have added before we assist you further. As the DMS editor isn't buggy and what you're experiencing isn't normal or the expected behaviour of DMS. As soon as you have disable all plugins and remove all scripts, please reply here so we can inspect further.

Also, send me a PM with the following information:

1. A link to this topic so I know what the PM is regarding.

2. A link to the site in question

3. Your admin username/password

4. Make sure all scripts/custom CSS/LESS/Hooks have been removed

5. Make sure all plugins are disabled.

jprummer

Hi Danny,

Sorry I haven't replied. I took a break from this issue.

I can't disable all plugins. The site does a significant amount of eCommerce business and I can't just disable everything while I wait for a response. If you want to set a time to work together on it, we could do that. I tested disabling all plugins, with no success, but I can't just leave them disabled. However, I've discovered something that I think might help identify the issue. Take a look at the screenshot of Chrome console.

pagelines.PNG

jprummer

Just sent you a private message Simon_P. Feel free to share with Danny if need be. Thanks for the help!

jprummer

Simon_P - Any chance you could take another look? The new relic script has been removed and nothing has changed. Thanks!

Jeremiah

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?