Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

treadwellimages

DMS 1.1.9 update error

treadwellimages

I just updated DMS theme and now I have get this message: 

Install Error!

PageLines DMS must be installed in a folder called 'dms' to work with child themes and extensions.

Current path: /home/content/07/9328107/html/wp-content/themes/index.tmp

All I did was click the update. I checked the file manager on my hosting server and do not see DMS under /wp-content/themes/index.tmp. I did not get this message prior to this update.

Website URL: http://treadwellimages.com

Framework Version: DMS 1.1.9
WordPress Version: 4.0.1
Plugins in Use:

AddThis Follow Widget

Generate followers for your social networks and track what pages are generating the most followers

Version 1.2.6 | By The AddThis Team | View details
Select Akismet Akismet

Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from comment and trackback spam. It keeps your site protected from spam even while you sleep. To get started: 1) Click the "Activate" link to the left of this description, 2) Sign up for an Akismet API key, and 3) Go to your Akismet configuration page, and save your API key.

Version 3.0.3 | By Automattic | View details
Select Breadcrumb NavXT Breadcrumb NavXT

Adds a breadcrumb navigation showing the visitor's path to their current location. For details on how to use this plugin visit Breadcrumb NavXT.

Version 5.1.1 | By John Havlik | View details
Select Breadcrumb NavXT 5.0 Migration Compatibility Layer DO NOT ACTIVATE Breadcrumb NavXT 5.0 Migration Compatibility Layer DO NOT ACTIVATE

This exists to ease the transition to the new 5.0 plugin layout. Will produce the 'Breadcrumb NavXT was just updated from a pre-5.0 version, please go to your plugins page and activate "Breadcrumb NavXT". Also, deactivate "Breadcrumb NavXT 5.0 Migration Compatibility Layer" to make this message disappear.' message. Do not activate or rely on this, it will not be included in Breadcrumb NavXT 5.2.

Version 5.1.1 | By John Havlik | View details
Select Classy Classy

A collection of utility and design classes making custom css a thing of the past.

Version 1.0 | By Nick Haskins | Visit plugin site
Select Custom Sidebars Custom Sidebars

Allows you to create widgetized areas and custom sidebars. Replace whole sidebars or single widgets for specific posts and pages.

Version 2.1.0.1 | By WPMU DEV | View details
Select DMS Breadcrumb NavXT DMS Breadcrumb NavXT

Display post and page breadcrumbs for reader and SEO benefit. This section requires that the Breadcrumb NavXT Wordpress plugin be installed and creates a seamless integration with PageLines DMS.

Version 1.0 | By Simple Mama
Select DMS Professional Tools DMS Professional Tools

Pro member code and utilities for PageLines DMS.

Version 1.8.4 | By PageLines | Visit plugin site
Select EWWW Image Optimizer EWWW Image Optimizer

Reduce file sizes for images within WordPress including NextGEN Gallery and GRAND FlAGallery. Uses jpegtran, optipng/pngout, and gifsicle.

Version 2.1.0 | By Shane Bishop | View details
Select Jetpack by WordPress.com Jetpack by WordPress.com

Bring the power of the WordPress.com cloud to your self-hosted WordPress. Jetpack enables you to connect your blog to a WordPress.com account to use the powerful features normally only available to WordPress.com users.

Version 3.2.1 | By Automattic | View details
Select Jetpack Extras by BarryCarlyon Jetpack Extras by BarryCarlyon

Extends WordPress.com's JetPack to include Additional Features

Version 1.7.1 | By Barry Carlyon | View details
Select MailChimp for WordPress Lite MailChimp for WordPress Lite

Lite version of MailChimp for WordPress. Adds various sign-up methods to your website.

Version 2.1.7 | By Danny van Kooten | View details | FAQ | Upgrade to Pro
Select NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati

The most popular gallery plugin for WordPress and one of the most popular plugins of all time with over 9 million downloads.

Version 2.0.66.33 | By Photocrati Media | View details | Get help | Contribute
Select NextGEN Pro by Photocrati NextGEN Pro by Photocrati

The complete "Pro" add-on for NextGEN Gallery. Enjoy ecommerce, beautiful new gallery displays, and a fullscreen, responsive Pro Lightbox with social sharing and commenting.

Version 2.1.4 | By Photocrati Media | Visit plugin site
Select Official StatCounter Plugin Official StatCounter Plugin

Adds the StatCounter tracking code to your blog. To get setup: 1) Activate this plugin 2) Enter your StatCounter Project ID and Security Code in the options page.

Version 1.6.9 | By Aodhan Cullen | View details
Select Pagelines Sections Pagelines Sections

The PageLines sections container. Needed to extend sections via the store.

Version 1.0 | By PageLines | Visit plugin site
Select Post Types Order Post Types Order

Posts Order and Post Types Objects Order using a Drag and Drop Sortable javascript capability

Version 1.7.4 | By Nsp Code | View details
Select SM Sticky Clicky Star SM Sticky Clicky Star

Turn sticky (featured) posts on and off with 1 easy click! Control permissions with "User Role Editor".

Version 1.1.0 | By sethmatics, bigj9901 | View details
Select Velvet Blues Update URLs Velvet Blues Update URLs

This plugin updates all urls in your website by replacing old urls with new urls. To get started: 1) Click the "Activate" link to the left of this description, and 2) Go to your Update URLs page to use it.

Version 3.2.3 | By VelvetBlues.com | View details
Select WordPress Custom Sidebar WordPress Custom Sidebar

With this plugin you can handle sidebar contents like posts and assign them from a dropdown menu.

Version 2.3 | By Typomedia Foundation | View details
Select WordPress SEO WordPress SEO

The first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.

Version 1.7.1 | By Team Yoast | View details
Select WP Edit WP Edit

Ultimate WordPress Content Editing.

Version 2.4 | By Josh Lobe | View details

Server/Host: godaddy
Screenshots:
Details:

I would appreciate any help. Please keep in mind that I am nowhere near being a coder, which is why I use DMS. 

microsqueek

Sorry to jump in, but I'm having the same trouble. Updated to WP 4.0.1 when it was released, updated to DMS1 1.1.9 today. The backend says: 

Install Error

PageLines DMS must be installed in a folder called 'dms' to work with child themes and extensions.
Current path: /var/sites/s/shop.cultivateoxford.org/public_html/wp-content/themes/index.tmp

The Frontend:

Install Problem!

it looks like you have DMS installed in the wrong folder.
DMS must be installed in wp-content/themes/dms/ and not wp-content/themes/index.tmp/

However, when I edit the index.tmp folder and change it to DMS, the whole site goes down. 

I can't easily roll back, or disable the plugins, as it's a working shop. Any thoughts on how to re-name the folder to DMS and have the site be able to find the theme?

webmktco

I just had the same thing happen to me.  F'n nightmare... I thought it was because BlueHost did something wrong (the had a major hardware failure over the weekend).

Now I find out that PageLines screwed up.

I fixed it by logging into the cPanel of my hosting provider.  Then you view the File Manager folder and find the site with the broken theme (/wp-content/themes).

Then rename the folder "index.tmp" back to "dms".

That fixed it for me.  I had to do this for 5 DMS sites.

Danny

webmktco

microsqueek

As Simon mentioned on this post here - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/37586-pagelines-dms-must-be-installed-in-a-folder-called-dms-to-work-with-child-themes-and-extensions/

The issue isn't DMS, DMS can not install DMS in a folder called "index.tmp" this issue is most likely caused by your server.

Please search our forums, before posting!

treadwellimages
@webmktco

Thanks so much, that seems to have fixed the problem. Just as you said, rename file, reactivate theme. No more error messages and the theme seems to be working fine.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Darryl

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

microsqueek

Thanks Danny. I'm having some other trouble with the site, so I'd like to take it back to DMS1 1.1.8 to see if that helps. Can you tell me where to download this version of the theme?

webmktco

Just a heads up- this happened on Blue Host and HostGator.  

I use Bluehost's Managed/Optimized WordPress Hosting.  And HG is shared hosting.

treadwellimages

I use GoDaddy and it happened with them as well.

Simon

I use GoDaddy and it happened with them as well.

When did it happen?

treadwellimages

Simon_P,

When I updated the DMS theme Sunday morning, 7 Dec. my time.

• Similar Content

• romanondrasek
      By romanondrasek+
      Hi, I just found that my site is not working - nothing to see what I have activated PL5 tap late (just white screen :-() , I can open just admin site . I tried to activate different template (tventy seventeen) and was working , but not with PL5. 
      could you pls let me know what is the problem ASAP 

the site is : www.myfit.cz
      than you so much

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I have a staging site up that I have been working on, and tonight was having PL5 account connection issues:

I refreshed, didn't work, so I followed instructions and disconnected and clicked connect to get a new token, and got white screen with the following php error:
      Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  
      https://staging2.imetropol.com/
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt