Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark_Hazeldine

PageLines DMS must be installed in a folder called 'dms' to work with child themes and extensions

Mark_Hazeldine

I have recently updated to Wordpress 4.0.1 from 3.9? via InfiniteWP. When I log into Wordpress I get the following error;

Install Error!

PageLines DMS must be installed in a folder called 'dms' to work with child themes and extensions

Current path: /home1/travell1/public_html/markhazeldinephotography/wp-content/themes/index.tmp

Could you please explain exactly where I need to create this folder and what I need to put into it in order to resolve this issue? My whole website is broken, and it's rather annoying because it used to work, so why do I now need to move my installation? I wish I could've been warned before this happened.

Simon

The theme folder should be wp-content/themes/dms/ looks like you or whatever infinatewp is my have renamed that folder to /wp-content/themes/index.tmp/

Probably a permissions issue on your server.

I would switch to a default theme then rename that folder to dms not index.tmp then switch theme back to dms.

Then go about checking file permissions

motionltd

I have the same problem. I need to get this site working ASAP. Yet another problem with Pagelines when updating WP! I'm facing a full sit erebuild if this doesn't work. Are you sure that swapping theme and changing the name of the folder will work? Please help!!!

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Simon

Just verified the zipfile on the server, all looks ok.

yes, switch to another theme, rename folder then switch back

motionltd

Just got a message saying Cheatin huh!!!!!!!!!

Ben

motionltd.com

Simon

Then you must be doing something while logged out or the wrong user. Thats a wordpress admin message. well im guessing you are logged in as you didnt say what you were doing to get that message.

motionltd

Ok, its worked.

Ben

motionltd.com

Mark_Hazeldine
FYI, I renamed the folder and it works now. Thanks for the help, but its concerning that this happened. Was it a bug or did I do something incorrectly to make this happen?

Danny

There is no bug that I am aware of in DMS that would rename the folder, as DMS requires the directory to be called dms. Therefore, the most likely cause is your servers configuration or permissions.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Mark_Hazeldine

But I haven't changed any configuration or permissions myself, and I am the admin for the hosting account (Bluehost). All I did was press the upgrade buttons within InfiniteWP, which I believe is the same as pressing the equivalent buttons in Wordpress itself.

Simon

I rebuilt the zip on monday and tested it on monday and it upgraded fine, if there *was* an issue with it it would have been sunday morning.