Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kcie

Bespoke theme slow page request

kcie

Hi James, 

I bought the theme "bespoke" of you, now i have 1 question.

The question is that the pages request are so slow, and i don't know what it is.

I have only put a little different css styles in you less.css < its not high level css :-), sorry for that. 

But when a don't use that css the results are the same its results in a very slowly page request.

this is url: www.bram-magazine.nl

Kees van der Wilt

The Netherlands

Simon

Well, you have about 400 other sites on that server. Is it a shared host or VPS?

Looks like typical loading speeds for that amount of sites.

You might want to try a static page cache like wp-super-cache.

kcie

Hi Simon,

before that question i have tried different cache plugin's but al with the same results.

And also it was slow on mamppro local?? so i think thats not the reeason.

Kees

Simon

There is nothing wrong with the theme, trust me.

There are a lot of variables to consider here:

You are on a shared host, I can only speculate as you didnt answer whether it is a VPS or dedicated server, but there are 400 other sites on it including some p0rn sites.

We have no idea how many or what plugins you are using.

It ran slow on MAMP? Maybe you have that setup wrong or you have 29 chrome tabs, skype open and a blue ray playing at the same time ;)

Here is a demo of bespoke running on a VPS: http://bespoke.groundwork.cc/

What cache plugins did you try? ( please dont say w3 cache ) ;)

kcie

Hi Simon,

You see not much plugins , and no no w3 cache, and also not a dedicated server.

question what are p0rnsites, never heared about it.  :lolu:

ff seriously ;-)

DMS Professional Tools

Pro member code and utilities for PageLines DMS.

Versie: 1.8.4 | Door PageLines | Bezoek plugin site
Duplicator selecteren Duplicator

Create a backup of your WordPress files and database. Duplicate and move an entire site from one location to another in a few steps. Create a full snapshot of your site at any point in time.

Versie: 0.5.8 | Door LifeInTheGrid | Details bekijken | Help | About
Maintenance Page selecteren Maintenance Page

Allows you to quickly create a maintenance/coming-soon page. You can use this plugin whenever your site is down for maintenance, currently going any upgrade or is in development. Built in options panel to add logo, background image, social icons, color, subscribe field and many more. Get free support at http://themegrill.com/support-forum/and check the demo at http://demo.themegrill.com/maintenance-page/

Versie: 1.0.2 | Door ThemeGrill | Details bekijken
PageLines Updater selecteren PageLines Updater

Keep all those PageLines Products up to date!

Versie: 1.2.5 | Door PageLines
PLNextBox selecteren PLNextBox

Add ANYTHING anywhere you like and if your host allows it even include PHP!.

Versie: 1.1 | Door PageLines | Bezoek plugin site
Sidebar Manager Light selecteren Sidebar Manager Light

Create custom sidebars (widget areas) and replace any existing sidebar so you can display relevant content on different pages.

Versie: 1.7 | Door OTWthemes.com | Details bekijken
WordPress Gzip Compression selecteren WordPress Gzip Compression

Enables gzip-compression if the visitor's browser can handle it. This will speed up your WordPress website drastically and reduces bandwidth usage as well. Uses the PHP ob_gzhandler() callback.

Versie: 1.0 | Door James Socol | Details bekijken
WordPress Importer selecteren WordPress Importer

Import posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, tags and more from a WordPress export file.

Versie: 0.6.1 | Door wordpressdotorg | Details bekijken
WP Fastest Cache selecteren WP Fastest Cache

The simplest and fastest WP Cache system

Versie: 0.8.3.2 | Door Emre Vona | Details bekijken
WP Resized Image Quality selecteren WP Resized Image Quality

Simon

The actual page loads quite fast, its the initial wait from the server that takes an age. There is no cache plugin active at the moment but I cant see that making a difference anyway as the bottleneck seems to be the server.

How much is it a month?

kcie

Hi Simon,

I don't understand wat you mean with how much is it a month? 

i

kcie

Hi Simon,

I don't understand wat you mean with how much is it a month? 

i

kcie
Hi Simon, 

Is this something? I found this in my my /error_docs.

bad_gateway.html
bad_request.html
forbidden.html
internal_server_error.html
maintenance.html
method_not_allowed.html
not_acceptable.html
not_found.html
not_implemented.html
precondition_failed.html
proxy_authentication_required.html
request-uri_too_long.html
unauthorized.html
unsupported_media_type.html

kcie
Hi Simon, 

Is this something? I found this in my my /error_docs.

bad_gateway.html
bad_request.html
forbidden.html
internal_server_error.html
maintenance.html
method_not_allowed.html
not_acceptable.html
not_found.html
not_implemented.html
precondition_failed.html
proxy_authentication_required.html
request-uri_too_long.html
unauthorized.html
unsupported_media_type.html

Simon

I have no idea what those files are for.

kcie

Hi Simon,

This morning, i have made a clean install with the bespoke theme, without anything else than do what i have to do. actived the theme, actived my license, import json, and xml.

so the whole theme without anything on local host (mamppro) php version 5.4.19. No cache, not more plugin's than the used one. Results from page to page more than 3 seconds.

::Maybe you have that setup wrong or you have 29 chrome tabs, skype open and a blue ray playing at the same time:: < no one of this either.

So local it is slow to  :( . The reason why i used DMS is that you don't have to be that expert to build a side, tell me if i have wrong, but whenever you want speed it looks likje you must be a expert to create it. :(

kcie

Hi Simon,

Complementing the above points, I want to remark that not everyone with a simple site have a cdn or dedicated server at his disposal and most users sit in a shared server environment.

The filosofie of  DMS also carries out that with a simple WYSIWYG site you can put i site together, and that is true.

But as a user, I would also like to see the developers of DMS and want to keep in mind that the majority of websites are on shared environment. But also like a plausible speed. Without being thrown back and forth at which party is the breaking point of performance. 

Simon

We test DMS on various hosting accounts.

We test locally, on VPS, on dedicated machines and shared hosting. If you can only afford $3 a month for hosting then you shouldn't be selling websites.

The users site was very very slow because the database server is overloaded. In my opinion.

Without further information like the host and what service plan they are using we can only speculate. The link I gave above is the same theme running on a cheap VPS provided by digitalocean as far as i am aware.

kcie

Hi Simon, your second rule is not the answer i aspect from a staff member "its feel to me like emotion and irritation" :lol:

and by the way it is also a wrong assumption.

Say to me that DMS is not made for running under a shared environment, then i understand.

then I must go looking for something that's more in my direction.

The latest thing i say about it, (still talking about the bespoketheme), is that the first page are loaded with 5mb. hoppa!! the initial loadtime is a few ms. so thats not the bottleneck i think.

Simon

Well I did some testing...

Fresh wordpress install: http://i.nzb.mx/image/3M3r3U2c2p3Q1.28s

Bespoke installed: http://i.nzb.mx/image/0d2c2Z3x0d1W1.99s

Added wordpress super cache: http://i.nzb.mx/image/413y2T190x1J1.52s

And the cost of this host? ZERO!

I searched google for free php/mysql host and picked the 1st I found.

kcie

Hi Simon, i know its about round Christmas but i still going to believe you talking to Ebenezer Scrooge  :lol: .

The only thing if have ask is why my theme was slow, je give me enough reasons how to get fast.

But still i got one question that you not have answer.  Why is the "bespoke"theme also slow in my local environment

I tested i also at home with mamp 5.4.34 with 128mb mem with a clean install and only the theme loaded with te content of the bespoke team. But when i went in the menubar from About,Features,Custom Sections, Articles it still needs 3/4 sec to reload the new page. In my perception local must be fast < or am i again wrong ;) . Localhost give me some foundation to build on. When it is perfect on localhost then it is also good when it is go live for me.

Simon one thing more: sorry if my questions perhaps maybe a bit immediately,

but that's because my English is grammatically bad.

then it is also

Hey there.  If you're using the default images, those are designed more for show than for speed.  You may want to add your own optimized images and see how the site loads.

kcie

Hi James,

I tried everything now and i even don't know what i am doing wrong. I have delete al sections between header en footer en still same results.

Now where are talking about empty pages, with only the white space of the region wrap.

then I delete al sections of DMS en Bespoke except nav. same results, I delete fonts in style.less. same results.

Is it wrong to think dat localhost is not even close to that speed as your demo on your site? 

For me it feels like the pageswitch first going to look somewhere else with no result and after that it is going to the right page.

But what i say it is a feeling < i am not a pro :)

• Similar Content

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      Ciao. I can't get into the DMS editor for this site: http://www.w-edigest.org
      I'm just getting Oops...there seems to be an issue loading message for whatever page I try to access.
      I went into the Developer view on Google Chrome and it looks like there is a jquery issue. But I don't really understand what that means or how to fix it. 
      Thanks! 

• morrisjohnc
      By morrisjohnc
      The feature slider section in Bespoke is not working.
      I can add/publish it to a page, but I cannot save any changes. Images never transition from the default after save. When making changes to the section, DMS doesn't show that any unsaved changes have been made. So, unless you want the default images to scroll, it's useless. Can you assist me in creating a fix for this?

--John
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I want to remove the 'this post was last edited by xxxxx at xxxxx date/time. 
      In going thru the Codex, this appears to be a theme setting? Is that correct? How do I remove it? 
      Thank you,
      Judith
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      Ciao. 
      I'm trying to use "Feature Post" but it's stripping out all the formatting so it's a solid block of text. What am I doing wrong? 
      Thanks! 
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      Does this theme have preset margins? I can't seem to alter them and would like full width.