Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michael_watts

Current page item - class inconsistency

michael_watts

Hi

I've just a couple of hours of my life to this which you could call a lack of attention to detail or too much assumption...

Throughout DMS class tags seem to consistently follow the convention of class-name.

I'm not sure if it's a bug a mishap or by design but I've come across an instance where current_page_item appears instead of current-page-item.

current-page-item seems to be the correct usage (this is how it appears in NavBar)

Using the Widgetizer section to display a sidebar with a Menu Widget it appears as current_page_item despite all the other class tags around it being formatted as per the normal convention...

So is this meant to be the case or?

Danny

Hi,

These classes are WordPress classes and not DMS or PageLines classes. If you're seeing current_page_item, this means that the section you're using is being populated by a menu generated by WordPress i.e. you haven't selected a menu or created one and assigned it to that section/menu.

If you provide a link to the site in question and steps you have took to create this menu, we can try and recreate it. However, my suggestion above should be accurate, meaning you haven't selected a menu.

Please search our forums, before posting!

michael_watts

Yup using a wordpress custom menu widget, as none of the available sections seemed to do what i wanted.

It seems counter intuitive that the classes generated by wordpress and dms are not consistent though?

Danny

Those classes are not generated by DMS or PageLines, but WordPress. All DMS sections that have navigation options, use the WordPress menu system in the correct way and therefore, have the correct WordPress classes assigned to them. Such as current_menu_item when you have assigned a Menu you have created to a navigation section. If you have not created a menu, WordPress generates a menu for you automatically using the pages you have on your site. When this happens the current_page_item class is used, as it is a page not a menu you have created.

So if you're having inconsistencies with these classes, it can be caused by only one thing, you haven't assigned a menu to a section and therefore it is being pre-populated by WordPress and using the current_page_item class.

If you're using a WordPress menu widget then we are unable to provide any support as that is core WordPress widget and not related to PageLines or DMS.

However, if you can go into detail as to why none of the DMS sections were doing what you intended, we may be able to assist.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?