Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

experticity

How to flush / recompile Less when DMS not working

experticity

Site: www.experticity.com

Staging: experticity.staging.wpengine.com

What is working is my production site.  Public site and DMS is working just fine on my production site

What isn't working is my staging site. I made a small change to the less and I'm not seeing the change. Its checked in through git but not showing up on the site so I thought that the less hadn't been generated so I went into the editor to publish through the dms and its all broken.  When logged out on staging the site looks fine but when logged in and you try to view a page there is no css and I'm getting a bunch of 404 errors on some @2x images. 

I would appreciate some help.  I've put a couple hours into trying to figure it out. I've tried flushing the less through the wp admin under the pagelines section since that's worked for me before.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Ben Peck

Simon

Adding some css into the css box in the backend should trigger a css reload.

Any reason for using such an old version of DMS? Even for DMS1 you are using a version over a year old.

experticity

I've added some css and removed css and saved it in-between and it doesn't seem to help.

Updated the DMS (1.1.8) and tried it again.  Still doesn't seem to work.  

Simon

Have you tryed making a note of your custom LESS then emptying the box and saving, also is there any custom LESS anywhere else? like style.less or something?

Can you enable debug mode as it might show a less error.

experticity

Yeah.  I have tried that. I do have custom less css in style.less

How do I turn on debug when the DMS isn't working? Also once that is on where do I see less errors once the debug is on? (this would be very useful in the future)

Could js issues cause this ever?

Danny

Firstly, got to say, really nice design there. Regarding your issue, can you PM me with the following info please.

1. A link to this topic so I know what the PM is referring to.

2. A link to the site in question

3. Your admin username/password

4. Make sure all plugins are disabled

5. Make sure all scripts have been removed

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon

How do I turn on debug when the DMS isn't working? Also once that is on where do I see less errors once the debug is on? (this would be very useful in the future)

There is a checkbox in wp-admin where the css and scripts boxes are. Its been there quite a while ;)

experticity

There is a checkbox in wp-admin where the css and scripts boxes are. Its been there quite a while ;)

I don't see one.  Attached an image.  Am I looking in the right place. ;)

Simon

Update the theme ;)

experticity

Update the theme ;)

Its up to date. ;)  (unless you're referring to DMS 2, which is a bigger deal with my child theme)

Simon

At the top of your screenshot it shows an update for dms1.

Yea actually just checked the source, my bad this was added to the v2 branch.

Have you tried removing all the custom css/less like i asked earlier?

experticity

At the top of your screenshot it shows an update for dms1.

Yea actually just checked the source, my bad this was added to the v2 branch.

Have you tried removing all the custom css/less like i asked earlier?

Partially my bad. I gave you the screenshot of the production site. - (Haven't updated the theme yet) Staging has been updated.

Just tried removing all less and scripts and still broken. :(

Simon

OK pm me a login, i'll take a look

experticity

OK pm me a login, i'll take a look

Sent.  Thank you

Simon

Right, you have 12 plugin updates and dms is version 1.1.3 not 1.1.8

Im not going to touch anything unless you have everything up to date. Also there is a great big message at the top saying that dms cannot write files, so there is a file permissions problem too, probable uploads folder.

experticity

Ok.  I've updated all the plugins and the DMS on staging. I totally thought I update the DMS.  Well...anyway, its up to date. 

As for the dms message about writing files.  I'm not sure how to go about fixing that. 

Simon

OK try new version. 1.1.9

Simon

If you look at the draft.css that is produced on the page, it is made up of just the sections css, nothing else. This leads me to believe you have either edited a core .less file, or a theme style.less file.

experticity

Updated the theme and now I'm getting this error on all pages that says:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_add_theme_tab() in /nas/wp/www/staging/experticity/wp-content/themes/experticity/functions.php on line 160

This is what's on line 60

pl_add_theme_tab($options);

Not good. :(

Simon

pl_add_theme_tab() is included on line 691 of includes/lib.editor.php

Its in the theme zip 100% sure of that, maybe you didnt upload all the files?

experticity

I just did it through the WP admin.  I can't access it anymore. It said that it was complete. 

experticity

Thoughts on what I should do here?  I've caused a standstill here for more people than just me.  

Simon

Well you must have sftp/ssh access surely, cant you download the zip from your account area then upload the fixed files?

experticity

Where do I go to download the zip? I don't see version under my account to download. 

experticity

Ok. Well I didn't really know where to download the update from so I just uploaded the dms as I had it locally to override the 1.1.9 update.  The site is working now but now I can't update the theme.  It gives me an error that it can't remove the old theme. Thoughts?

• Similar Content

• mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello, inexplicably few signs have appeared at the beginning of each excerpts, removing the option these signs disappear, but appear when I activate it again. You know why happen this?.

Yo can see online here: http://www.latitudestudio.eu/press-news/ 

• dherries
      By dherries
      I am trying to add a widgetizer to my page/post and the system does not let it drag. The system creates  large Widgetizer logo and nothing will happen. What am I doing wrong?  I am using DSM 1.1.9.  Website is www.moveincache.com
    • mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello everyone. :)   Is possible set a selected Section Area to height of window browser with custom CSS, just like DMS2 presets? Someone knows some best practice?   I know how to set to fixed footer, but i think this case of study is different.   Thanks!
    • pazyluz
      By pazyluz+
      I have pages that display on phones and pages for desktops/laptops.  The ipad displays the mobile/phone pages but would look far better if they displayed the desktop version.  How/Can I display the desktop version on ipad?  If I cannot do that, can you advise me as to the best course of action?  Thank you.

http://peggygreen.net
    • pazyluz
      By pazyluz+
      In between forum posts, I am getting the above response telling me to wait another 57 seconds before posting a second topic.  (WHAAAAT?) To continue with my post, I have to hit the back button only to find that you have erased everything I just wrote. Please explain and fix this immediately.  Thank you.