Sign in to follow this  
davidcsonka

Adding Facebook Opengraph Meta

davidcsonka

What would be the best way to add Facebook opengraph meta tag info to the theme? I tried adding it to the Header Custom Scripts section and it blew up. I'd hate to have to manually edit the header.php file because I assumed this theme would negate that necessity. So, far I'm doing much more file editing than I was hoping for. Also, is there a way to subscribe to these forum posts?

catrina

What exactly happens when you add it to the Header Custom Scripts section? (Since that isn't working well, you can go ahead and it to the header.php file to see if it works) Also, you can subscribe to the RSS feed for a topic by clicking on the the "RSS feed for this topic" link on the right side.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

davidcsonka

Code displays in the header section at the top of page. I ended up adding the code to the header.php file manually, as I knew that would work - since I did that for my other sites. I suppose I could find a plugin that inserts meta information - I just thought the point of PlatformPro was for providing an interface to customize the theme. So far I'm doing as much manual editing as I was before. If there is an update to the theme, is it going to wipe all the custom changes I make?

davidcsonka

I see the thread about using Platform base - I'll install that. Thanks