Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

opwolken

Masonic Gallery - More than 3 images in a row

opwolken

Hi there, 

Is there an easy fix to get more than 3 images in a Masonic gallery row?

Cheers

Danny

Hi,

There is no fix, as this is how the section was designed and therefore, no fix is needed. However, if you want to achieve more than three images in a row, you will need to customize the section via a child theme. Please be aware that this kind of customization is beyond our support scope and if you encounter any issues, we will be unable to provide assistance.

Please search our forums, before posting!

onlinedesigns4u

HI Guys, Im a little confused as my masonic gallery was displaying 4 thumbs on any screen bigger than 13inch, but now its not and only displaying 3 thumbs on all screens. 

I have noticed this morning that my masonic gallery section has changed from displaying 4 results per page on 15inch+ screen to now only displaying 3!

Im not sure whats caused the change to happen, we do have a few more members of staff working on the website now who are not experienced in website design but they shouldnt be doing any work which should effect the masonic galleries, so i dont know whats happened.

If you load this page: http://lovepattayathailand.com/pattaya-bars/on a 15inc+  screen and scroll to the bottom where the masonic gallery is while the page is still loading you will see that it attempts to load the gallery with 4 thumbnail images per row, like it always has on 15+ inch screens, then it completes loading and switches to only give me 3 thumbnail images per row while leaving a massive gap on the right hand side where the additional column should be.

Still looks the same on 13 inch screens with 3 thumbs per row, on a 13inch screen with 3 thumbs it fills the width of the page. With only 3 thumbs displaying on anything bigger than 13inch im left with a nasty big gap down the right hand side where the other thumb column should be, any ideas?

Pattaya-Bars-Masonic-Gallery-Error.jpg

Danny

onlinedesigns4u - If you have edited the sections files or styles, then that is the likely cause. Please be aware that we do not provide support to users who have edited the core files.

Please search our forums, before posting!

onlinedesigns4u

Danny - I havent changed anything with the core files or css styles for the masonic gallery. Yesterday it was fine, then today i seem to be experiencing problems with it.

I will check my most recent posts for any broken code that might be effecting it but ive definatily not messed around changing any styling in ftp or via custom css. It worked fine for me without having to adjust anything. The only changes ive made to the website recently are adding some additional pages which would include, facebook, google+ & twitter links and adding some grouped buttons and anchor links etc to the content. Maybe i have a loose <div> somewhere thats effecting it? I see sometimes they can effect the position of the sidebar so ill start with looking at these.

If none of my recent page updates have been the cause for the masonic gallery to not work for me anymore, can i just delete the section and re-install, whats the deal, i have to re-install the dms tools again and lose all the work?

Like i say, we have other staff on the website now so i cant account for everything they may have done, but they would not be messing around with core files and changing the style of the masonic gallery as they are just creating review pages for the food and drink menus we have for our restaurants. 

Cheers guys, ill report any developments but any advice is appreciated.

onlinedesigns4u

So ive been through the most recent pages ive added to the website and i see no broken or misplaced code on the pages anywhere. I was hoping id overseen a <div> tag that hadnt been closed and that be the cause but unfortunately i see nothing.

I noticed that a div tag in the body of the page was causing an error with my sections the other day so thought the same had happened here.

The only thing ive done with masonic gallery was to add an anchor link inside the "standard title" field within masonic gallery settings. I dont think these were the cause as I have since removed them but still getting this error.

Its like its being told its hit the edge of the page

Im a bit lost as to what to do next and could do with some guidance please. Im happy to un-install dms tools or do whatever it takes to get it fixed. I have no need to change the default settings for the gallery so am not bothered about deleting and re-installing if that will fix the issue.

I dont want to have a restore done on the website as we are getting around 100 pages added each day at the moment. I dont want to just start deleting pages in the hope it will fix it either but am running out of ideas as to why this has happened.

Like i say, the only thing i can think of that would have caused this to happen is some misplaced div tags but ive been through the updates made in the last couple of days and not seen anything a miss or out of place so what would be the best approach to getting this fixed?

Cheers, 

onlinedesigns4u

All Sorted now. Thanks anyway guys, the staff we have recently employed have owned up to adjusting the width of the page slightly by mistake. They claim to have put it back to the same width percentage but it must have been slightly less narrow than the original width and wouldnt let 4 thumbs be displayed at that ratio on 15inch screens.

Thanks anyway.

So, just out of interest. What are you guys talking about when you say you cant get 4 thumbnails displayed on each row? Im pretty sure its always been responsive to the screen sizes for me?

13inch macbook and ipads (Landscape) i have always had 3 thumbnail image per row

15ich + screens i have always had 4 thumbnail images displayed per row

& ipad mini (Landscape) i have 2 thumbnail images per row.

Thought it was just responsive to the screen size. Anyway, back to building. Speak again when the next problem comes.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?