Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jammersam

Max posts in postloop for categories

jammersam

Hi there,

Having difficulty editing something on a site I'm working on.  In previous Pagelines versions, clicking a post category allowed one to see all of the posts in that category.  In the postloop for DMS, it seems I can only show max ten.  I'd like for any category (except the main blog page, which should remain in magazine mode with 10 max) to show its maximum content - any explanation on how I can do that?

Thanks very much.

batman

Hi jammersam

Please, you can go to Dashboard > Setting > Reading > Blog pages show at most

and you modify the number post you can show, this modify the post in the  category page.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

• Similar Content

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Previous webmaster has made short codes assigned to certain categories. For example: [pl_section section="loops" id="003"]  displays all the Job posts for tech. 
      But where can I assign a short code for a certain category? I can't find where to add the loop ID for the category.

Thank you

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      I've created a new post category "Success stories" with Custom Post type UI. (in order to have a different layout for a different post category - blog post one layout, success stories another layout).
      New category "success stories" are "detached" from all the other posts, so they have a different layout, but the problem is that all of the success stories are also having the same exact content.
      So whenever I edit content (e.g. change body text) on one of success story posts, it also changes the content (body text) for all other Success story category posts. 

Question: Is there a way to retain this separate category with it's own layout, and have a different content for each individual post? I'm using Pagelins templates. 
       Thanks in advance.
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Is is possible to have different layouts for different Post categories? We have Blog posts, News posts and Case studies that all are posts, but is it possible to differentiate their layouts?
      So far when I change a post layout it affects all Post type pages. Could it be done somehow with creating a separate template? 
      Examples below
      https://queue-it.com/news/
      https://queue-it.com/blog/

• PeriniNero
      By PeriniNero+
      We are building a Custom Post Type with Custom Fields and Custom Taxonomies.
      The only thing we dont understand is how to embed the Custom Fields including header tags and stuff in the Postloop (now we use a text-box below the postloop section but also SEO wise this is not best pratice).
      So we thought to copy the dms Postloop section to our child theme and rename this, to add an extra Postloop section to our theme. Is this the way?
      What exactly to adjust in those 3 files class.posts.php, section.php and style.less (at this point we know how to change the thumb LOL) and where to add the Custom Fields shortcodes?
      Thanks.
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date