Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

velneo

Shortcodes doesn't work (DMS)

velneo
(but you must set IP '84.127.248.205' to visualms.com in your host file, to reach devel server)

Framework version: DMS 2.1.9.1
Wordpress version: 3.8.1
Plugins in use: none

Details: visualms.com is the production web. It use Pagelines and works fine.
In devel server (you must set IP '84.127.248.205' to visualms.com) I changed from Pagelines to DMS and I was setting up everything to replicate the same design that we have with Pagelines in production.

All it is fine, however the shortcodes doesn't work. Doesn't work in posts, pages neither MediaBox DMS object..., doesn't work in anywhere.
As you can see in visualms.com header (production, without modified host file) the shortcodes works properly.

More info:
I use [pl_raw] 
I attach one screenshot.

¿Could you give us some help?

Thank you very much.

Danny

Hi,

The site you linked in the post above isn't using DMS, but PageLines Framework 2.4.4, which isn't the latest version.

The IP address shows no WordPress site and all that is there is a message saying file not found ?

Therefore, can you tell me what shortcodes you're attempting to use please, as I have just tested some shortcodes and they all appear to be working. However, you please be aware that that [pl_raw] can only be used in the WordPress Page editor and Post editor and will not work in any section, it can also only be used once per page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

velneo

Hello and thank you Danny.

I have not explained well.

We have two servers: production and development.

Visualms.com in production server (just type visualms.com in your browser and go) are using PageLines FrameWork 2.4.4.

Visualms.com in development server (you must change the host file of your computer and set visualms.com to the IP '84.127.248.205' to reach the development server) are using Pagelines DMS, where we have the problems with the shortcodes.

When changing the host file, you can access visualms.com (developing) by typing the address into your browser. When finished you can remove that line of your file host.

Is easy to modify the host file, just search on google. 

Have I explained well?

Thank you very much for you support.

Simon

Shortcodes like that are not allowed in the free version of DMS.

WordPress.org do not allow shortcodes that output content into post/page areas because if you change theme the shortcodes will no longer work.

velneo

Thank you @Simon_P 

I have one doubts.

We are not club membership suscribers but we bought Pagelines DMS like we bought Pagelines Framework. I guess you can see our licenses.

I have to install the "Pagelines Updater" to upgrade to the Pro edition, but I can't do the automatic install, where can I download the "Pagelines Updater" plugin? (I can't find the download here: http://www.pagelines.com/shop/admin/pagelines-updater/)

Thank you again!
Cheers.

Simon

velneo There is only one order that I can find with your username, and its for a free product back in march.

If you log in to pagelines.com/my-account/ with the username/password you used to purchase DMS you should see the link to the updater there, as well as your licence key.

velneo

I just see the link in the screenshot... Sorry!! And thank you!! :D

velneo
Simon_P OK, I installed Pagelines Updater and we used our license key. Now we are using Pagelines DMS Pro.

However still I can't print the shortcode properly, you can see here: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0bd3y5zo62

Or here: http://visualms.com/shortcodes/(Note: remember to point visualms.com to 84.127.248.205 if you like to see it live)

Thank you again!

Simon

The updater should allow you to update to the latest version if you have a valid key.

Looking at the site, you still have 1.1.1 ( free version ) 1.1.8 is the latest DMS1 version, 2.1.9.1 is the latest DMS2

velneo

The updater should allow you to update to the latest version if you have a valid key.

Looking at the site, you still have 1.1.1 ( free version ) 1.1.8 is the latest DMS1 version, 2.1.9.1 is the latest DMS2

I updated to the last version of DMS and shortcodes works now!

It has been difficult but I've got with your help, thank you very much guys!!

Cheers.

David.

• Similar Content

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Howdi
      Am following a couple of tutorials about making custom shortcodes and making them available in your site. They recommend to make a "my_custom_shortcode.php" file in wp-content folder so it survives Core wordpress and Theme updates. However, they then say to place a couple lines of code in the theme functions.php file. The one in pl-framework theme folder does not look like the best place to put that code and I can't see a shortcodes.php file in the theme.
      So where is the best place and way to add custom shortcodes to a Pl5 project?
      Thanks
      john erik
    • Jason
      By Jason+
      Any chance you can add anchors to the tabs shortcode (similar to ultimate shortcode plugin)?
      Just annoying having to use that plugin rather than pagelines one

<h2>Tabs anchors</h2> [su_tabs] [su_tab title="Tab 1" anchor="First"] Tab 1 content [/su_tab] [su_tab title="Tab 2" anchor="Second"] Tab 2 content [/su_tab] [su_tab title="Tab 3" anchor="Third"] Tab 3 content [/su_tab] [/su_tabs] Use next links to switch this tabs <a href="#First">Open tab 1</a> | <a href="#Second">Open tab 2</a> | <a href="#Third">Open tab 3</a>  
    • Jason
      By Jason+
      Any solution to map section not rendering inside tab shortcode.
      (Map sits inside 3rd tab so map not visible on page load)
      Also this just seems to effect the map section. Map shortcode renders fine.
      I want to use the map section for finer control over markers and locations
      Renders fine if in first page.

Thanks
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.