Sign in to follow this  
onlinetracker

Anyone know if PlatformPro can do this?

onlinetracker

I want this layout in PlatformPro. http://miasportsguy.com/ (edit) Can you move this to the /platformpro/ forum? I was in that topic, but didn't choose the dropdown.

catrina

It's possible if you do a lot of tweaking and customization with the files (especially in the arrangement of the content).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Andrew

Yes, possible but you'll need to create some 'custom sections' in the child theme.. There is a lot of special post handling... do you want the posts that switch back and forth across the page like that?

onlinetracker

I'm not so worried about the switching. I just want to be able to pull the last post from each section and display it under the heading of the section. Then it becomes a matter of layout. But I'd be content with just having the latest post of each category I choose.

cmunns

would be relatively straight forward from a coding perspective, we could help you do that

onlinetracker

Who, What, Where, When and How? Let me know who to contact.

bryan-hadaway

Forwarded to developers. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

to list posts from a certain category it's pretty easy, something like this will need to be done to the template.postloop.php ` List posts in a ???featured??? category with query_posts() Now we start building something useful. // Get the last 3 posts in the featured category. <?php query_posts('category_name=featured&showposts=3'); ?> <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> <?php endwhile;?> //We reset the loop <?php rewind_posts(); ?> //We build the normal loop that will list out blog posts <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> <?php endwhile; ?> ` But this will not work if you need pagination on the homepage. You would use the query posts function multiple times, and apply a new category to each. The "Do stuff" portion even could be everything currently placed in the theme so you could try duplicating for each query post