Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blatka

[like_button] reporting incorrectly

blatka

Hi. I have a "facebook like" bootstrap icon in my site's footer. For years it reported our Facebook likes accurately - at one point it showed 5.5k likes. Now it's showing 45 likes. 

I tried removing [like_button] from the footer, purging the cache, and re-adding. I know i'm running an old Pagelines version, but I'm wondering if you have any suggestions to get it reporting correctly again. We're up to 6k likes on our page.

I did change the site from http:// to https:// back in October by adding an ssl certificate, but since then we've had 156 new facebook likes. But earlier I saw the likes reported on our site matching the number of our Facebook likes.

It's in the footer here:  https://www.ancienttreearchive.org/

Thanks

(and oh, the tweets used to show over 500, now it shows 5 - don't know if this is related)

Wordpress 4.0.1

Pagelines Framework 2.4.5

--

Bill Latka

digitalgarage_sm.png

Danny

Hi,

You have over 60 errors on your site and they appear to be all related to your https. Therefore, it is very likely that your SSL hasn't been configured correctly and you will need to fix this, which may resolve your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

blatka

Danny, which tool did you use to see the errors? My host is asking to see the error report.

Thanks

--

Bill Latka

digitalgarage_sm.png

Simon

They are 2 different urls, so 2 different like counts.

blatka

Ok thanks. And it looks like an old cached version of our site was out there. Cleared the cache and it's no longer reporting ssl errors.

I also updated the facebook like button using js code directly from facebook, bypassing the [like_button]. That was throwing the errors below (in chrome inspector). If you like, I put the [like_button] back in the footer (next to the pinterest item) so you can see for yourself. Does that pull in code from somewhere in the theme?

Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id.
The "fb-root" div has not been created, auto-creating
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init().

--

Bill Latka

digitalgarage_sm.png

blatka

I'm going to remove that [like_button] now ... gotta run. 

Thanks

--

Bill Latka

digitalgarage_sm.png

• Similar Content

• werdnags
      By werdnags+
      I know this does not have anything to do with Pagelines directly but this is happening on my PL5 site.  At the bottom of my blog posts I have put the Facebook Comments Plugin and it works well but when people are leaving comments they are the same for every post.  Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this so the comments are for the post they are on.  Does that make sense? Ha!
      Thanks for any ideas folks.
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I'm sure this is just user fatigue...but where is the setting to delete the Facebook button in the Splash section of Teamwork? You'd think it would be in the Splash area, but it seems
      to be hiding elsewhere!  You can barely see it... I didn't even notice it until I changed the image. 

• ppotent
      By ppotent+
      Any chance of a pagelines table plug-in coming? I know that the use of short codes and bootstrap can achieve this, but I can't seem to find any easy/visual editor way of doing this. There are table plug-ins around for wordpress, but honestly, they are pretty clunky. I'd pay for a tables plug-in, given how much I would use tables if I could.

• Jeffrey Salim
      By Jeffrey Salim+
      When trying to activate the Facebook Plugin, using the Bootstrap Theme under Platform 5, the following Fatal Error occurs:
      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /wp-content/plugins/pl-plugin-login-facebook/libs/fblogin.php on line 35
      If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated...