Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sherra

Footer Scripts - Administrative Privileges

sherra

I recently took over managing a new site & I'm trying to remove the footer script code for a pop-up chat that isn't used on the site any longer, but when I try to save the changes, I am getting the error that I do not have sufficient the administrative privileges needed to do this. I am not familiar with iBlogPro, so I'm not sure if this is has something to do with the theme since I AM logged in as a site admin.

Simon

If you are trying to edit a theme file from within the wordpress admin area then you might get permission issues depending on how the host is setup.

Do you have FTP access for this site?

sherra

I can get it, but it'll be next week before I can get the FTP login information. I'm wondering why I'd need FTP for this when the footer script option is in the theme options area.

iBlogPro >> Theme Options >> Custom Code >> Footer Scripts & Analytics.

Danny

This is because you either have a custom admin role i.e. someone created it for you and have altered your privileges slightly or you have a weird server setup. As Simon mentioned above, it is likely WordPress can't write to files etc... i.e. doesn't have permission.

Please search our forums, before posting!