Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Tennis Chick

I'd like to add "Previous" and "Next" post links after post content but before post content plugins

The Tennis Chick

Hi y'all :-)

I've checked out plugins to add "previous" and "next" post links with titles, and they work, but add them AFTER the content of my related posts plugin and SimpleMama's Share Me plugin. Is there any way to add these links AFTER the post text, but BEFORE the plugins?

Thanks so much in advance :-)

Jen

Danny

HI Jen.

I am not entirely sure what you're referring to, can you provide screenshots please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

The Tennis Chick

Here's a shot of where I would like to have the previous/next links with post titles and thumb if possible. I'd like it after the text of the post, but before the related posts plugin that comes after the text.

12.jpg

Danny

How have you added those related posts beneath, is that a plugin if so, have those posts been automatically inserted to the bottom of your post ?

If so, then you're not going to be able to add the Previous/Next to the position you want unfortunately.

The Tennis Chick

It's a related post plugin that just shows up there. I've just seen sites that have not only related posts at the bottom, but the post navigation buttons as well. I guess I'll try and contact them and see if they'll tell me how they did it. I was thinking they used a navigation plugin, and then arranged the plugins so that the navigation links came first. I just don't know how to do that :-(

Danny

The only way I can think of implementing the post nav is for you to use a hook via a child theme. However, I do think the best course of action is to contact the plugins author and see if you can disable this auto insert of that plugin and see if there is a way to manually add the code. If that is the case then you can do this easy, by using that code to implement the related into a NextBox section or a hook.

The Tennis Chick

Thanks Danny :-) I'll give it a shot.

Danny

No problem.