Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kulmetehan

How to redirect mobile visitors to specific page?

kulmetehan

Hi guys,

I want an adaptive website. I want my website to redirect visitors with a mobile device (smartphone, tablet, etc.) to a certain page that is enhanced for mobile devices. So my questions are:

1. How do I redirect these visitors with a mobile device to this/any specific page?

2. How do I enhance this page for mobile devices?

Please help! Thanks.

Simon

There are various wordpress plugins to handle mobile requests, some redirect to separate domains or pages, others will serve different themes entirely.

The free jetpack plugin has a mobile theme built in which is very good. 

kulmetehan

Simon_P Thanks for the quick reply! Can you maybe also name the other plugins? Because Jetpack isn't really doing what I want.

Or is there maybe a line of code I can use? Something like "if screen size = x then redirect to www.google.com"

Danny

Whenever it comes to something related to WordPress functionality such as this question, you're best asking this question on the WordPress support forums. As we can not provide support for WordPress related questions or issues and most of our staff use very few plugins, so its also difficult for us to recommend any.

However, I did a quick search in Google and the first result was this plugin, so maybe this provides the functionality you require - https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-mobile-url-redirect/

Please search our forums, before posting!

kulmetehan

Danny You are right about asking it on the Wordpress forums. But that's also why I placed it under "Off Topic", cause I didn't want to bother you guys who are helping people with actual DMS trouble.

But that is actually exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks Danny!

Danny

Yeah, I thought as much when I seen the you posted in the off topic. However, posting in the WordPress forums is still the best location to ask a WordPress related issue/question.

and No problem. ;p

Please search our forums, before posting!

jens112

You can easily check the user agent and match it with that of any phone and then do the redirect.

Another option would be to check the screen size but that is less reliable since a browser screen on a desktop PC could be resized.