Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lwarren1500

DMS Editor

lwarren1500
Website URL: http://prp.fm
Framework Version: 2.1.9
WordPress Version: 4.0
Plugins in Use: Yoast, Pagelines Updater, Pagelines Pro, Pagelines Title, Simple Liightbox, Sidebar Manager Light, Askimet, Gravity Forms, Events Calendar
Server/Host: WP Engine

Details: I updated to DMS 2.1.9 tonight and am now experiencing the following issues:

Can't access the DMS Front End Editor - even though I'm using Chrome, it gives me a message saying I need to use Chrome

My DMS Less file has a CSS error (last line of Less file) but when I correct it from the admin panel, it doesn't save (even though it says it's been saved).

The post Visual Editor is missing

None of the styles in the Custom Less file are working now.

I tried reverting to a backup install, but the issue persists.  When I switch to another theme (Twenty 13), the Visual Editor reappears.

I deactivated all of the plugins but the Visual Editor is still missing and the DMS Less file still doesn't save from the backend and isn't accessible from the front.

I've also tried to enter debugging mode but nothing happens.

Thanks for any help. Happy to provide a login if that helps.

Danny

Hi,

If you're experiencing issues with the DMS editor, then you're going to need to disable all active plugins and remove any custom code or scripts you may have added. Then see if this resolves your issue.

Also, I am not entirely sure what you mean when you say the visual editor reappears when you enable Twenty Thirteen, DMS isn't compatible with Twenty Thirteen and therefore, it shouldn't be displayed.

Please search our forums, before posting!

lwarren1500

Hi Danny,

Sorry for confusion. Switching themes solved the Wordpress Visual Editor issue. It's currently missing when editing or creating posts. The text editor is there but the WP Visual Editor tab is missing.

I have tried deactivating all of the plugins but I can't remove the custom code because the DMS Visual Editor on the frontend doesn't work and the DMS Less Fallback doesn't save.  I've deleted everything in the Fallback box, clicked save but it always reappears.

Thanks,

Leann

lwarren1500

The issue has been resolved.  Had to do with needing to update our DNS. Thanks.

Danny

Awesome, thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• TJ Bawa
      By TJ Bawa+
      DMS Editor is not loading. I have tried using different browsers and also have cleared my browser cache, but still no luck. 
      Please find screenshotattached. 
      Thanks in advance! 

• Toolshed
      By Toolshed+
      Hello - I'm a registered Pagelines user. I tried to load my website today (toolshed.biz) in the DMS editor and received a message that the page was having trouble loading. I rarely make changes to my website so this was unexpected. I followed your support suggestions and checked for javascript errors using Chrome - when trying to load the page, it showed the following
      jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
      pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'lang' of undefined
          at Object.reloadConfig (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740)
          at Object.startUp (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:72)
          at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:10)
          at i (jquery.js:2)
          at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:2)
          at Function.ready (jquery.js:2)
          at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js:2)
      303toolshed.biz/:1 Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Cannot read property 'tab' of undefined
          at chrome-extension://kamiaabbnpncbobdiblhfogafnoefkae/contentscript.js:38:28
      I deactivated all my plug-ins prior to doing this except for:
      Pagelines Platform 5 v5.0.126
      Pagelines updater v. 1.2.9
      I'm not an expert coder or web developer, not really sure what this all means. Not sure what JQMIGRATE is (a plug-in? I don't see that in my plug-in list). Can you point me in the right direction?
      Thanks,
      Dick Huey
    • dbrowne02
      By dbrowne02+
      Hi, the DMS editor is not loading on landing page. It is working on all other pages. How do I fix this? the website is selborneproperties.com I have logged in and logged out, have disabled plugins. Thanks,
      David
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.