Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JudithKlinger

Pages Overwritten

JudithKlinger

All of my pages have been overwritten to be a contact page. My entire site converted to a contact page. Is this a bug?? Perhaps associated with the upgrade (which I have't done yet?)

Trying very hard not to panic...

The editor had been behaving strangely, sluggish, slow to respond, unpredictable actions. 

url: world-eats.org

DMS2, Chrome Version 38.0.2125.122

Single site install on WP 4.0

Danny

Hi,

It is not possible via an update or upgrade for DMS to convert all your WordPress pages to a contact page. This is because by default, DMS does not include a contact page or contact form. If this has happened then the likely cause is one of the following:

1. All your templates have been assigned the same template and you have then added your contact information or a contact form to that page, then published the changes i.e. causing all templates to display that contact information.

2. You have installed plugins that have caused some issues (unlikely).

My best guess without having a link to the site in question is #1, you have all your pages using the same template and have published your contact pages changes which have then proceeded to change all pages using that template.

The best course of action would be for you to see what templates all your pages are using.

In-regards to your issue about your editor becoming sluggish, the likely cause of this is either:

1. You have a vast amount of plugins installed, the more you install the more your site will perform poorly (this depends on your hosting too).

2. You're using shared hosting i.e. cheap web hosting which isn't known for its performance.

3. You have a cache plugin installed which is active whilst you're still working on your site and has also, probably not been configured correctly.

If you provide a link to the site in question and also, enable DMS debug mode will may be able to identify your issue in regards to your editor being sluggish.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I haven't figured out how to get the "Sync Loaded Item" option in templates menu of Platform 5 to stay checked. It doesn't give me an option to save settings when I select it, and when I select it then click off the editor, it unselects. Also if I select it before loading a template, it doesn't stay checked there either.  Whats going on?
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I created a Pagelines template for a "Post type" post. Whenever creating a new post page it firstly display that template post and I have to manually change it in the scope from "All of type posts " to "Current page". 
      Is there a way to fix that? 

• richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm building a website in a dev environment at http://162.144.182.17/~uescocra.
      I want to import a bunch of products, and then have the products have a different template than the default template. 
      I also want to change the default template for blog posts.
      Before I go making changes, can I do this where the post type of "products" has its own global template, and the same with blog posts?
      For instance, in a product I might want to have a widget for categories, similar products, etc., and in the blog I may want list of the latest posts, blog categories, link to an email sign-up landing page, etc.
      Thanks.
      Rich
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Is there a shortcode or a way to automatically pull the site name into the footer or elsewhere?
    • Houston Haynes
      By Houston Haynes+
      I'm still "piercing the veil" of platform 5, with page navigation the current subject of interest. I worked with a few plugins (the most useful being Next Page Not Next Post) but I wanted to take a step back and start with an example - and see if I could get a bit of help "inside the beltway". 
      What I'm looking to do is substantially similar to the pagelines docs pages - see my annotated screenshots attached. At the top of a "child" page I want a link back to the "parent" page - and at the bottom of that "child" page I want to place a similar link to the "grandchild" page. At the bottom of each grandchild page I want there to be navigation "buttons" to sibling pages in the hierarchy. 
      "Next Page Not Next Post" handles what I'm expecting for "sibling" navigation, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting over the logistical hump of applying that functionality to my page "Template C" instance only. And per the attached examples, while researching how to solve this problem I see on the Pagelines site *itself* that the navigation elements are in place - and I especially like the oval button formatting of the sibling page navigation.
      So - really, my question is two-part:
      Are there plugins/code snippets/tutorials/threads here that show how Pagelines achieved their page hierarchy nagivation, and  Is there a tutorial (or advice from generous contributors here) on how to use the PHP templates to override the content portion of the page to add the navigation elements? Thanks in advance!