Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dario

Plugins uploading to Uploads folder and Plugins folder after DMS update, coincidence?

dario

Coincidentally, or not, I've had more trouble since the latest DMS2 update. I recall doing nothing between a properly functioning beta-site and updating.

After updating:

1. I'm on a local host and I had to redo the owner of the plugins folder to _www via Terminal for WP to be allowed to upload plugins.
  2. As I said in the thread's title, when I add a plugin via the WP dashboard, the plugin gets added to the Uploads folder as well as to the Plugins folder. The one in the Uploads folder stays zipped. The one in the Plugins folder installs and activates fine.
  3. Some of my styling got hosed. I'm using a child theme so that should not happen:
    • All images added via the DMS editor stopped loading, though they still exist in their folders.
    • The padding on the Nav area's logo (mediabox), has additional padding that I can no longer seem to target to get rid of.
    • There's a 1 pixel line between the header and the template area that was not present before. Here again, I can no longer target it to get rid of it.
  4. The Essential Grid plugin only shows 2 sources. It used to show everything and anything I asked it to.

I've re-installed WP and all plugins and imported a DMS backup. Clearly I had to re-add the images but the styling, plugin to uploads folder and Essential Grid issues remain.

Is it me or do others have these issues?

Simon

if you are running a local install, run the webserver as your user, unless of course you are actually called _www in which case i apologise ;)

The reason the zip is in the uploads folder is because thats how WP uploads a plugin, it puts it there, then unzips it, moves it to the correct location then cleans up, problem is because your file permeission are a mess it isnt allowed to do any of that. 

dario

Funny.

In Mamp Pro, with multiple beta sites (servers), whenever I use any other user than _www, I cannot upload images nor plugins. This is per various forums and help docs (Mamp's site).

I should add, none of my post was meant to denigrate DMS. I love it. I'm just having troubles which I cannot pin down effectively.

I'm also now seeing no problems on another site I'm developing locally. Clearly you are on the right track Simon, though both sites were fine previously.

dario
Glad I didn't quit my day job!
So I reconfigured MAMP as suggested and lost access to the sites.

Then I went back to the MAMP default ports and regained access.

Then I tried once again, this time changing the URLs in the DB to http://sitename/
I now get a 500 internal server error on the one site where I changed the URL, no matter what I change things to.

Too bad I forgot to backup the DB!

I do have DB access through phpmyadmin.

Suggestions?

dario

Found an earlier version of the DB in my Time Machine.

I replaced the recent one with that and still get a 500 error.

Never work on a site when you have bronchitis!

God bless CrashPlan!
I was able to restore Monday's version and all is well.

Still, where can I find the steps to take in order to get your result, Simon (default ports -80, etc., and me as the user)?

I want to get this right, for the future, but I also don't look forward to reliving the last 8 hours.  :bow:

Danny

Can you provide a screenshot of your MAMP settings, as I am unable to recreate your issue. I have similar settings to Simon and have no issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon

run apache/mysql as your user login and not www

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?