Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robin2321

CSS Editor

robin2321

I'm in the process of selecting a real-time CSS editor.  I have narrowed the selection down to two editors Stylizer and Topstyle.  My question is is there any problem with either one of these editors when working with PageLines DMS.  Also, if someone has for another CSS editor I would appreciate hearing about it.  I am not an expert in CSS but do have a working knowledge of CSS code and capabilities.

Danny

Hi,

I am not a fan of these kinds of editors, they're very similar to Dreamweaver. Where they do most of the work for you and therefore, in my opinion you do not learn anything when using these kinds of editors or IDE's. I personally use Atom.io a code editor by GitHub and SubLime Text 3.

In regards to using those editors you mentioned with DMS, I am not entirely sure how you could. If you want to simply add some HTML to that editor and then preview the CSS then it should work without any issue. However, I am not sure if you can load WordPress into that editor. For me Atom/SubLime Text 3 > all other editors.

https://atom.io/

http://www.sublimetext.com/

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• puntNL
      By puntNL
      hi folks,

A)
      I wan't to add some custom css to my site.  I would use wp menu -> appearence -> editor -> style.css and add the css code.

However, this document says:

You’re unable to customize the Framework further by editing core files such as style.css, as this would require editing the core files (something we do not recommend or support), any edits made to these files will be removed upon updating PageLines Framework, when an update is available.

In my view there are 4 methods:

1: Wordpress editor
      2: Framework-> menu -> custom code area
      3: Install Customize plugin
      4: Use a Child theme

So, what is the best method? and why can't I use the wp editor to edit the style.css when I allready did activate the pagelines customization plugin so nothing will ever be lost?

B )
      I don't understand why this document says that the customize plugin doesn't support CSS / LESS Editor while the plugin is allways and only used in combination withe the pagelines framework that does support the CSS / LESS Editor..