Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kellyc214

How do you add more posts, beyond 20?

kellyc214

I have 20 posts and I would like to add more. I have adjusted the wordpress setting to 45 posts but I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the Pagelines DMS settings to provide for more blog posts.

Also, is there a way to provide unlimited blog posts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Kelly

Danny

Hi Kelly,

If you have configured your WordPress > Reading settings to display 45 posts, then the WP-Content/PostLoop section should inherit that option. Therefore, can you tell us what section you're using to display your posts please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Yeah, both Flipper and Masonic sections are not mean't to replace your PostLoop section and you can only select the amount of posts to display from that option in those sections. If you have configure your WordPress reading settings to display 45 posts, only the WP-Content/PostLoop section will inherit that option, Flipper/Masonic will not.

kellyc214

Ahh. Do you have any suggestions for what a typical website would look like using Masonic Gallery and PostLoop? I imagine I would have two pages - one for new blogs and one for old blogs posts . . . Yikes. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kelly

Danny

Basically, if you want to have a blog i.e. display all your posts that inherit the number you have selected from the WordPress Reading setting, then you will need to use the WP-Content/PostLoop section. As both Flipper and Masonic are supposed to display a certain amount of posts or featured posts and were not designed to be used to display all your posts or replace the PostLoop section.

The only other way for you to increase how many posts both sections can display is for you to create a child section of Masonic and Flipper via a child theme and customize the sections code. This isn't something we can provide support for as it is considered user created code. However, you're free to attempt this, but no support can be provided.

For me personally, how I would use the Masonic section would be like this:

Add it above your WP-Content/PostLoop section on your blog page and then select it to display only a low number of posts, this can then be used a featured post display. You could also use the meta options in both Masonic and Flipper to filter it to only show important posts.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?