Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ewatchman

Gradient background borders

ewatchman

Hello everyone

I have never dabbled in CSS coding, so bear with me. What I would like to do is add a left-hand column border to with a gradient shadow to a page of text. A lot of websites have that sort of design, so it must be a fairlly easy operation. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Oh, also, if I add code into the page customization box can it be just as easily removed if there is an error? Like I say, I have never added CSS to my site. 

Aires

Hi ewatchman

Is it possible to see your site.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Danny

As Aires mentioned, we are going to need a link to the site in question and a link to a site which has this kind of style. As, I am not entirely sure what it is you're referring to.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ewatchman

Okay, here is an example of a page on my site  The page is just plain vanilla. If i did not explain properly, I would like to run a page-length border down the left side of the text, something like what appears on this site, only much more subtle 

Danny

Hi,

To achieve this, you're going to need to use custom CSS and it will likely need to be extensive code if you have sections in your header. If you have nothing in your sidebar, you could try using the two columns section and then add a background color to one of the columns. However, some additional CSS may be required.

Unfortunately, this kind of customization is beyond our support scope.

ewatchman

Okay, Danny, thanks

Danny

No problem and don't forget to post your design when you're finished, so we can see what you did.