Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pillar

Bespoke theme causes fatal error

pillar

After preview OR activation of the Bespoke Theme 1.0.1 an internal error 500 occurs. Wp debug states: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class EditorStoreFront in /var/www/[...]/wp-content/themes/jg-bespoke/dms/editor/editor.api.php on line 7.

This happen on a clean webserver (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server 64bit, Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu), MySQL5.5.40-0ubuntu0.14.04.1, PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.5, Wordpress 4.0) and neither

Wordpress plugins are installed nor .htaccess files are placed.

Can anybody help me?

Danny

Hi,

I have just this moment installed and activated Bespoke without any error message. Therefore, can you provide the following information please.

* A link to the site in question

* Enable DMS debug mode ~ WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines, scroll to the bottom and enable DMS Debug mode.

Please search our forums, before posting!

pillar

Dear Danny,

Thank you very much for your reply. I hope that answering forum questions on Sunday doesn't bothering you to much.

Regarding your questions:

1. If I activate the Bespoke Theme a '500 internal server error' occurs and you can't reach the site anymore, neither front- nor backend.
  2. Since I cannot activate the Bespoke Theme, I cannot open the DMS Debug mode.
  3. The WP Debug mode delivers the message already mentioned.
  4. One thing I couldn't figure out clearly by reading the Pageline website is the question if the Bespoke Theme is stand-alone or not, i.e. does or doesn't require the Pageline DMS. But since it is not listed in the child theme section and the Pageline DMS is not mention as prerequisite, I concluded it probably works without. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Danny

If you're receiving a 500 error, then this is a server side error. I recommend you contact your web host provider and ask them to investigate the issue. Bespoke is what we call a Core theme, this means that DMS isn't required as the theme itself is powered by DMS core.

pillar

But the Wp debug message: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class EditorStoreFront in /var/www/[...]/wp-content/themes/jg-bespoke/dms/editor/editor.api.php on line 7, clearly indicates, that it is an coding error related to a 'class EditorStoreFront extends PageLinesAPI' in editor.api.php, i.e. the Bespoke Theme.

Hey There,

Thanks for the message.  I've just tried installing this on an ubuntu 12.02 stack and didn't have any issues.  I doubt that ubuntu 14.04 would make a difference in that but there could be something else with your stack that's causing the issue.  I cannot duplicate the error at this time which makes it hard to troubleshoot.  If you're able to open up the bespoke theme via ftp, try commenting out the line in question and see if that resolves the issue.

James.

pillar

Hi James,

this only changes the error message, but, nevertheless an internal error 500 occurs:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sort() in /var/www/[...]/wp-content/themes/jg-bespoke/dms/editor/editor.api.php on line 60

Danny

Then there is certainly something on your server causing the issue, you will want to contact your web host provider and ask them to investigate the issue. As you shouldn't be experiencing a server 500 error upon installing a theme.

pillar

Dear Danny,

the preinstalled wordpress themes work without any problems, even several free available word press themes do.

By the way, the webserver is clean and self hosted.

Did you already test the Bespoke Theme an a setting such as mine or at least similar to mine?

Simon

I would suggest completely removing the theme folder and then redownloading the zip file and reuploading it.

Clearly the theme install is not 100% all there.

If you stll cant get it working after that then PM me a login and i'll check it out, assuming you have absolutely no plugins activated while this is happening,

pillar

Dear Simon,

1. I did remove the theme folder, downloaded and uploaded the Bespoke Theme .zip file again. Nothing changed, the error occurs as before.
  2. What would certainly help me, is a detailed description of the system, which was used to test the Bespoke Theme successfully. I would like to set up a test VM based on your description.
  3. A few year ago I was confronted with a similar error (related to egroupware) and we finally identified the PHP APC module as the reason, which didn't work properly with PHP5. Did you already test the Bespoke Theme on a system as mine or at least similar to mine: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server 64bit, Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu), MySQL5.5.40-0ubuntu0.14.04.1, PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.5, Wordpress 4.0, PHP Modules: bcmath, bz2, calendar, Core, ctype, curl, date, dba, dom, ereg, exif, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, hash, iconv, imagick, intl, json, libxml, mbstring, mcrypt, memcache, mhash, ming, mysql, mysqli, openssl, pcntl, pcre, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, Phar, posix, pspell, readline, recode, Reflection, session, shmop, SimpleXML, snmp, soap, sockets, SPL, sqlite3, ssh2, standard, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tidy, tokenizer, wddx, XCache, XCache Cacher, XCache Coverager, XCache Optimizer, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, Zend OPcache, zip, zlib ; Zend Modules: XCache, XCache Cacher, XCache Coverager, XCache Optimizer, Zend OPcache?
  4. How to send you the login data privately?

pillar

Dear Simon,

Since you assume that the theme files are not completely installed and nothing changed even after re-installation: did you already check the theme .zip file on your download server. Is it certainly intact?

Danny

There is no special configuration of a server to test Bespoke, I simply installed it on a local install using MAMP. If you want to send your credentials to Simon, simply use the private message service in the forums.

https://cloudup.com/c3TwPFgiuWx

Can you send me the .zip of your bespoke to my email address please, just send the .zip and nothing more to danny at pagelines dot com

Simon

Dear Simon,

Since you assume that the theme files are not completely installed and nothing changed even after re-installation: did you already check the theme .zip file on your download server. Is it certainly intact?

Of course I checked the zip, I did that before posting here.

pillar

Dear Simon,

Thank you very much for your the effort and your reply.

I have send the Login data via PM.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Simon

Turns out the issue was caused by PHP config.

php xcache php xcache optimizer and php zenopcache all installed at the same time.

• Similar Content

• dbrowne02
      By dbrowne02+
      Hey, this looks like a great product. Thank you for making it!
      Unfortunately, when I activated plugin, I got this error. Thanks in advance for helping with this. 

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wmHtmlEditorEnable() (previously declared in /home/dbrowne02/brownelaborlaw.com/wp-content/plugins/enhanced-options-editor/enhanced-options-editor.php:14) in /home/dbrowne02/brownelaborlaw.com/wp-content/plugins/enhanced-options-editor/enhanced-options-editor.php on line 15
    • pier.zrpc
      By pier.zrpc
        Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 16.40.48.jpg   143.64KB   1 downloads

Hi everyone,

I've made the All in One SEO PACK update on my website. Just after the update my DMS bespoke theme is broken. I tried to disable all my plugins but my bespoke theme is still broken. I tried to activate another theme and i came back to the bespoke theme but the problem is the same :-(
      It's the third time i've got this problem, always after updating wordpress plugins. And the solution seems to be always different in each case. Now i'm really lost, i don't know what can i do this time.

Now i'm afraid of updating anything. Is there a problem with this theme ?

Please i really need help !!!

Thank you so much..

Pier

• pier.zrpc
      By pier.zrpc
      [attachment=2561:Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 16.40.48.jpg]

Hi everyone,

I've just made the All in One SEO PACK update on my website. Just after the update my DMS bespoke theme is broken. I tried to disable all my plugins but my bespoke theme is still broken. I tried to activate another theme and i came back to the bespoke theme but the problem is the same :-(
      It's the third time i've got this problem, always after updating wordpress plugins. And the solution seems to be always different in each case. Now i'm really lost, i don't know what can i do this time.

Now i'm afraid of updating anything. Is there a problem with this theme ?

Please i really need help !!!

Thank you so much

• pier.zrpc
      By pier.zrpc
      Hi everyone,

i try to change the Font face  of my website in the pagelines settings area (typography).

BUT : 

I doesn't change anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help

Pier