Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erinfults

How to remove post date from blog post

erinfults

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the post date from blog posts on a site and only have the post author, comments link and category in the post meta. 

Right now within the WP Content/Loop the Metabar configuration has: "[post_author_link] • [post_comments] • [post_categories]" but the date is still showing and appears to be tied into the [post_author_link] tag. How do I remove the date? 

http://blog.danesanders.com

Danny

Hi,

If you have configured your WP-Content/PostLoop section to these meta tags and it isn't displaying then the likely cause is your cache plugin. You should only enable a cache plugin when you have finalised your sites design and not before. 

Therefore, flush your plugins cache, then disable it and then see if this resolves your issue. You may need to publish your meta tag changes again.

Also, love the site design so nice job there, but if I can mention one thing, I feel your blogs text is too large, in my opinion it should be reduced. But overall, really like the design and colors used.

Please search our forums, before posting!

erinfults

Thanks for your reply Danny and feedback on the site design! 

The cache plugin has been disabled for awhile and I did just flush the cache via the Resets tab within Global Settings. I've published and refreshed multiple times with no change. 

I totally agree on the font size on the blog posts and have tried changing that under Typography within Global Settings with no change there either. 

I've just recently started working in DMS and this is one of two sites I've been working on. I have continually had issues with changes not saving or not showing up. Or changes would show up literally days after making them. It's been a bit maddening. Am I missing something?

Danny

Hi Erin,

I apologise, I wasn't very clear when I mentioned cache plugin, I was referring to the plugin you have installed called WP-Super-Cache, please flush the cache in this plugins options and then disable it for the time being. As when these kinds of plugins are active, then can wreak havoc if you're making changes to the options or adding custom CSS i.e. not saving.

So for the moment, please disable the WP-Super-Cache plugin and continue with your changes/design. Once completed, enable the plugin again.

erinfults

Thanks Danny. The WP-Super-Cache plugin has been disabled for a week or more and the only place I can find to flush the cache is within the DMS global settings tab-- which I've done multiple times now. There isn't a settings option for the WP-Super-Cache plugin. I'm at a loss on how to proceed.

erinfults

The setting options that you showed for the plugin I couldn't find. There wasn't a settings link associated with that plugin on the plugins page and there wasn't a separate menu item related to that plugin either. So, I have completely deleted the WP Super Cache Plugin and flushed the cache files multiple times and things still aren't saving. Some things will but I've been trying change the text size in multiple places (© line in footer and blog post text and sidebar text) and there is no change.

What else could it be? I'm completely stuck.

Danny

I can now see that the plugin has been removed as the plugins comment is no longer in the page source for the site. However, if you're still experiencing issues with things saving etc... then you're going to need to disable all plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If this doesn't resolve your issue, then whilst your plugins are disabled, remove any custom code or scripts you may have added and see if this resolves the problem.

If the issue still persists, would it be possible for you to enable Debug mode and record  your issue please. When recording we recommend either Jing or QuickCast.

• Similar Content

• globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there!
      I'm trying to create a featured image for my new blog post. It has text in it, and when I add it as a featured image some of the text is cut off on the right.
      Could I get the ideal dimensions for featured images? Or, a way to customise the dimensions so that they are easier to fit in the way I need?
      Thank you kindly
      Nate

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I've searched thru threads, but I'm still struggling with post layout. 
      With Pagelines, I was able to set up this sort of post layout: http://www.issue01.w-edigest.org/go-fish/
      I was able to position the author photo/link, title, date, text etc. 
      I tried using Loops, with only one post and I can't seem to break apart or position those meta elements. 
      Perhaps someone has found a plugin that might help? 
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Hi, I would like to know how to change my featured image on the post page to be the medium size instead of the thumbnail. I would like the thumbnail size to stay at 150x150px on the blog list view, but on the actual post page I want it to show 300x300px. Having trouble with this. Thanks!

http://brkichdesigngroup.com/fitwithmai/recipes/peanut-butter-oatmeal/
    • dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      I just noticed that blog posts use <h2> for the post title. Custom post type posts also default to <h2>.

I checked the source code on a number of posts and couldn't find any evidence of an <h1> tag.

Just to see what would happen, I enabled Legacy mode, checked the source code, and saw that blog post titles and custom post type post titles were both wrapped in <h1> tags.

What's the deal with this?
    • FionaFell
      By FionaFell
      Hi Pagelines Team, 

I'm adding blog posts to www.leadstoclients.com.au

But would love to place the image between the 'title' and the 'content'. 

I'm seeing these options: http://screencast.com/t/c1GggUigw

But none of them seem to place the image where I hope it can be displayed. 

Any tips on how I can get the image to appear here: http://screencast.com/t/F39iUNuq8Nd5 would be awesome. 

Thanks for your help,

Fiona