Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeriniNero

Use different RevSlider sets at several templates

PeriniNero

Kind of basic question I'm afraid... but we have some issues, using different RevSlider sets per template. It seems, using the RevSlider in another template, the same images are used. Even when we it as different sections, when we change 1, the other is changing as well...

Styling is not the issue, because it's the same at every template. But we'd like to use different images (or different order) and different links on several templates.

Using latest DMS and latest Wordpress.

Thanks for your help :-)

Danny

HI,

If you change something on one page that is using for example, template boom and you have five other pages using template boom, the changes will effect all other pages. To resolve your issue, what you're going to need to do is unlock the template before you proceed making your changes. When unlocked the template is no longer associated to the original template and you can proceed with your changes without having to worry about them effecting other pages.

http://answers.pagelines.com/how-to-unlock-a-template

Please search our forums, before posting!

PeriniNero

thanks for the speedy reply Danny

however, in our example, we are using 2 different templates in which both have a RevSlider (both saved as different sections). And when we change the RevSlider at template 1, the RevSlider at template 2 changes as well...

by unlocking, the result will be the adjusted RevSlider is not longer part of/connected with the template, but 'connected' with the specific page?

we would prefer to have different templates with different revsliders, so we can easily assign a template to a new page

Danny

OK, well the same applies. If you create different sections then you should be able to have different RevSliders configured on each page, without it effecting the others. If this isn't happening the only cause of this would be that you have positioned your RevSlider section in the Header region of your site. The Fixed, Header and Footer are global regions, this means that whatever you add there will be visible on all pages and can not be configured on a page by page basis.

PeriniNero

Understand the header part, clear, but that is not the situation here. Website is http://www.willemsparkje.nl

"Contact" page has template "KDVWP contact" and

f.e. "Tarieven" page has template "KDVWP content"... in the source you can see also different saved sections (which should not be necessary I guess because of the different templates)

What I was thinking, maybe the issue is original created by creating a new template from another template, in which a revslider already existed... But dont know how to deal with this :-(

Danny

AH, so you created Template 2 based off of Template 1 ? If so, you can use this method, but you will need to Unlock the template region before making any changes.

PeriniNero

So conclusion is that a template 2, saved from template 1, allways will change with template 1, unless you unlock - change it - save it again?

If this is the case, my first question should be, how to create a blanc template?

In former PageLines (pre-DMS), we added a "page.xxx.php" file (in which xxx is the template name) in the child theme folder to safely achieve this.

Danny

If you want a blank template (not sure why you would), go to any page and remove all sections from it and then save it as a template.

PeriniNero

Well, this RevSlider issue proves that when you create a new template from an existing one, there's still a 'connection' with the template it is created from. 

Danny

No not really, as all you need to do is create a template, let's say Template Booya. Then load Booya on a new page, but you want to create a new template based off Booya, all you need to do before you do anything else, is load the template on your new page, then unlock the template area. Then save it as a new template. If you make your changes before unlocking, the template will still be linked. If you unlock it before saving, then the templates will not be linked.

PeriniNero

ok Danny, we'll work like this, thanks

Danny

Keep me informed if you encounter any other issues.

• Similar Content

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      The Filtering of categories in the Masonic Gallery refreshes back to ALL categories when the DMS Revslider loads a new image?
      Anybody any idea? See Artists Category refreshes back to ALL when the DMS Revslider with images on the top loads a news image on http://www.18hrsfestival.nl/
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi, even though I just got a SSL certificate, I can't get the green padlock to appear due to the following error:
      :A file with an insecure url of "http://yemoonyah.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-boxes/check.svg" was loaded via the javascript file: https://yemoonyah.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4 on line 3. The insecure URL may not be directly contained in the script file and may exist elsewhere."
      I figured if I delete and re-install the plugin it might fix the problem but will my boxes on the website still be there? Or do I have to redesign everything all over again if I delete the plugin and then re-install it?
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      Hello,
      I need some help!  I am trying to add a Square booking script.  When I add it to a embed section it crashes the page editor and I am unable to save the page version.  I have tried using different browsers with the same result.
       I can add the script on the backend in the word press content area and get it to show and work, but it look terrible.  A page with in a page.  http://www.zoeanastacia.com/booking/.
      I need help getting the page editor to work properly or to make the wp content section to not look like an 90's iframe.
      Thanks
    • DonRicardoRVM
      By DonRicardoRVM+
        First of all, sorry for my bad English.  I am developing an ecommeece with wp, woocommerce, PL5 and quickshop, and I need to do some changes in the simple product grid. I want to change the classes of some divs, but I can't find the templates. 
      Also, I change the grid of the category products pages, but I didn't make it correctly.
      This is the cat archive's: http://globosdemar.com/wp/categoria-producto/camisetas-para-ninos-y-ninas/
      Can you help me?
    • oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers