Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

apcomputing

Repeating hatom-entry errors

apcomputing
When I do a structured data test on my website from Google, I get the following...  I get the correct information but I have a bunch of extra errors that I have no idea why they are appearing, any help would be appreciated.  -- I have shut off all my plugins and I still get the same issue and this is a fresh install.

hatom-feed
hatom-entry:  
Error: At least one field must be set for HatomEntry.
Error: Missing required field "entry-title".
Error: Missing required field "updated".
Error: Missing required hCard "author".
entry-title: Advanced Productivity entry-content: Advanced Productivity Computing : More than twenty years of IT Service, Sales, and Support At Advanced Productivity Computing, we’re committed to helping small and medium-sized businesses... updated: October 7th, 2014 author:  
fn: Advanced Productivity Computing

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Why have you added the following to your page?

<div class="hatom-extra" style="/* display:none; *//* visibility:hidden; */"><span class="entry-title">Advanced Productivity</span> was last modified: <span class="updated"> October 7th, 2014</span> by <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">Advanced Productivity Computing</span></span></div>

I scanned PageLines.com and we do not have any of the errors you have on our homepage. I suggest removing that first and check again. 

apcomputing

I didn't add any of that to the page and I the only plugin I have that would do that is YOAST but i've turned it off and I still get the same error.

That code might be code that I added from another post here with a similar issue, I put that code in a php file.  Without it though none of that information was appearing, I just get error on everything without it.

Can I remove that some how?

Danny

You're going to need to go into greater detail, as we can not provide support to users who have edited the core files. As far as I am aware there is no issue with DMS and Google structured data, as when I run a test on the PageLines.com blog, I only receive one error and not the amount you see on your page when doing the structured test.

Therefore, I recommend you remove whatever code you have added to this php file and then run the test again. Also, what Loop option are you using, Legacy mode or the standard options ?

apcomputing

I added this code from this forum post, on this forum.   http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/35892-google-structured-data-errors/?hl=hatom

The code was placed in the dms/function.php file, as I state before though I was not doing this and I was just getting errors no information was appearing for the site.  Now that this is in there the information comes up but i still have a bunch of errors.   I will gladly take it out and turn off all my plugin's yet again, I've gone as far as erasing my Wordpress database and starting over and this still comes back.  I even recreated the site by hand just in case instead of uploading anything.

//add hatom data
function add_suf_hatom_data($content) {
    $t = get_the_modified_time('F jS, Y');
    $author = get_the_author();
    $title = get_the_title();
if (is_home() || is_singular() || is_archive() ) {
        $content .= '<div class="hatom-extra" style="display:none;visibility:hidden;"><span class="entry-title">'.$title.'</span> was last modified: <span class="updated"> '.$t.'</span> by <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">'.$author.'</span></span></div>';
    }
    return $content;
    }
adfd_ilter('the_content', 'add_suf_hatom_data');

Danny

You can not add custom code such as that to your DMS functions.php file, by doing so you have edited a core file. This is something we do not recommend nor support. You're going to need to remove that code from the DMS functions.php file.

In-order to correctly add that code, you need to use a child theme. Also, please be aware that this kind was provided by a user and not our staff, therefore if you're experiencing issues using it, we are unable to provide support.

Like I mentioned above, when I add the PageLines blog to the Google Structure tester, we receive one error which I have reported to our trackers. So please use a vanilla install of DMS and check your site again.

apcomputing

Alright I will remove the code but it still leaves me with error's that I can not get rid of, and I am pretty sure it's hurting my SEO because only my front page is getting found.

Danny

You still have that code present ?

onlinedesigns4u

Im Also in the process of adding structured data to my website pages but am getting similar errors. I purchased a plugin to remove the Hatom errors etc but hasnt had much of an effect.

I have contacted the plugin developer about the issue and after looking at my website he says there are "Multiple Hatom and Hentry" titles and i should only have one per page.

The developer of the plugin says i need to "remove the unnecessary “hentry” class in your header and post images, that is causing the remaining hAtom errors on your pages." But i dont know where to start

Up until a few days ago i had no knowledge about any of this "hentry" & "hatom" markup. I would like to know how to fix my structured data on the pages so im not getting any of these errors anymore though if anyone has ideas or suggestions.

Ive not edited any core files ive just installed a plugin which is supposed to remove these errors. On some pages i think its done its job but most pages need a lot of work still for removing all the errors.

http://lovepattayathailand.com/restaurant/cocos-bistro(Just added Schema Markup as a Restaurant)

http://lovepattayathailand.com/contact-us(Not added Schema Markup yet, but has no errors, no extra images?)

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks for your time, 

Danny

As I mentioned above, if you view the PageLines blog in the Google Structured testing tool, we receive one error related to author. We have no problem with the .hentry or multiple hatom classes. When I search the PageLines.com blog for hatom, I get zero results.

http://www.google.co.uk/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pagelines.com%2Fblog%2F

I have even gone as far as to search the DMS entire core code for the term hatom and zero results were found. Therefore, the issue is on your sites end and how you have setup this Google Structured data.

I will speak to our developers and ask them to review this, although I do not beleive this to be an issue with DMS.

apcomputing

I did remove the code from my site this morning.

If you want me to shut anything else off just let me know!

onlinedesigns4u

Fair enough Danny...I understand if its not a fault in Pagelines then its not really a DMS problem. The problem for me is caused by how some of my pages are structured as the error is different on different constructed / styled pages.

Most of the pages on the website are custom post types using "Post Title Section" and "Singlebits featured image and other sections". I have noticed that the pages without the use of either of these sections have no Hatomy or Hentry errors anymore!

Through this observation im guessing that these errors are the caused by these 2 sections and they are adding the additional markup causing the errors the plugin developer was talking about. What can i do to stop these sections producing Hentry tags / titles etc?

I will ask the plugin developer again and see if he has any suggestions, thought it was worth asking here first though as i feel its pagelines sections producing additional un-wanted Hatomy or Hentry markup that i need removing.

Thanks again for your time, anyone has any ideas then please share.

Danny

onlinedesigns4u

I will bring this topic to the developers of those sections and see if this is something they can address. However, just to confirm can you provide the link as to where you purchase/downloaded the Post Title section, as I am not aware of this section, unless you mean Page Title ?

Danny

apcomputing - I have just this moment had our developer take a look at your site via the structure testing tool and he was getting confused, as the structure data is for post loops and not pages. This is why it looks for author, last modified etc... So your issue is because you're attempting to test your homepage that contains no posts.

ellenmva

onlinedesigns4u"] and @[member="apcomputing sorry for the issues caused by my Single Bits Section. It's a holiday here in the U.S. but will look at this and try to get it fixed for you in the next few days.

Will let you know when update is ready.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

onlinedesigns4u

Danny - Sorry, the section is "Transparent Title" section, a default DMS section.

I think my Singlebits "Featured Image" and "Post / Page" sections are the main cause for these errors, but i do still think the "Transparent Title" Section could be adding additional "Hentry" & "Hatomy" markup as well.

The pages / posts that i havent used singles bits sections on (apart from the main body of the page) or the "transparent title" section, the pages have no errors when running the page through google structured data tool.

Example:

Typical restaurant page / business listing on the website which uses single bits sections and the transparent title section.

http://lovepattayathailand.com/restaurant/the-sportsman-pub-and-restaurant(Majority of pages built this way, several Hatomy and Hentry errrors)

These are the errors from google structured data tool for the above page,

Extracted structured data
hatom-feed
hatom-entry:  
entry-title: The Sportsman Pub and Restaurant

The below page doesnt use single bits sections or use the transparent title section.

http://lovepattayathailand.com/food-drink-menu/the-sportsman-pub-restaurant-menu(No Hatomy and Hentry errrors)

Extracted structured data
hatom-feed
hatom-entry:   entry-title: The Sportsman Pub and Restaurant Menu entry-content: Please Check Out the Food And Drink Menu Below Review Your Last Meal From The Sportsman Pub and Restaurant… Go Back To The Sportsman Pub and Restaurant here …Restaurant All Day BreakfastExtrasS... updated:

I hope you guys can help me get the rest of my website pages structured data issues fixed, or point me in the right direction. I dont want to re-design the website pages just to fix the issue and i really want to markup the content on the website correctly.

I havent closley inspected any of the above mentioned sections but simple observation tells me they are the cause for the errors i get.

Thanks again for your time guys ellenmva"] & @[member="Danny, much appreciated

Danny

There is no issue with DMS and Google Structured data, the issue is the theme and sections you're using, both of which are not PageLines products, but third party. As you're not using the core DMS theme, you're using Sophistique, there is no core section in DMS called Transparent Title that must be coming from the Sophistique theme itself. If the majority of your posts (remember it Google Structured data is post related and not page related), then you're going to need to create your a new topic in the Sophistique forum (as the topic creator is using DMS, but was testing his homepage i.e. contained no post content) and also mention the developer of Single Bits. As that is likely the cause of your errors and both sections are not DMS core sections.

If you run the testing tool on one of our developers sites, which uses nothing other than the core DMS sections, you will find that his site has no issues.

http://www.google.co.uk/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?q=http%3A%2F%2Fpross.org.uk%2F

Therefore, there is no issue with Google structured data when using the WP-Content/PostLoop section.

ellenmva

onlinedesigns4u Yes, it is Single Bits throwing the errors and I have found the cause and working on fixing it. Problem is there should only be one hatom item which should be the post content and I have it around the Title and Post Meta sections as well, so it is just making sure that hatom data is on post content only.

Again, sorry for the issue and will have an update by the end of the weekend.

Best,

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

onlinedesigns4u

Thanks Ellen, i see the section has an update available in wordpress backend now. Ive just installed the update and will check the page structure now. Its the first time ive done this with my website structure so im not that familiar with whats going on, id never heard of Hatom or Hentry until last week.

It was just a process of elimination. The pages not using single bits "featured image" or "Post/Page Title had More Hatomy and Hentry errors than the pages without them.

Ill test the page structure and see if there is any difference with the singlebits update.

Thanks again for your prompt response, 

Ben

onlinedesigns4u

Whoop Whoop!

Thats done the trick ellen, thanks for your help and the update. Nice to have such good response from section developers, keep up the good work Ellen

Thanks, 

Ben

ellenmva

onlinedesigns4u Yes, update fixed the issue! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Let me know if anything else.

Best,

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

apcomputing

I guess I might be confused... ha.

Is there some other way besides using the WP Content/Loop section to put Wordpress pages in to the DMS Theme?  Maybe I asked this wrong?

Danny

You can use a plugin from the WordPress plugin repo. However, the only way to display your page content on DMS is to use the WP-Content/PostLoop section. However, in regards to your issue or errors, this is caused because you're testing your page and not your blog or posts, the Google structured data as far as I am aware only works for posts and not pages.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?