Sign in to follow this  
mikeclouse

sidebar color option?

mikeclouse

is it possible to shade the background of my sidebar (similar to this forum page) just to help visually define my main content section a little more..??

catrina

Yes, it's possible. Go to Appearance > Editor and add the following to the base.css file:

div.textwidget {background-color: #F5F5F5;}

(#F5F5F5 is a light shade of grey)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mikeclouse

Thanks Catrina, question...do i remove all of the sample text/code in the base.css area and then paste this code? and i am using child platform...does that make a difference..? thank you. mike.

catrina

No, you don't have to remove anything from the base.css area. You can just paste the code. It's also ideal that you edit the base.css for the child platform (that way, no changes are actually made to any of the other CSS files).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mikeclouse

im sure im just lame, but it doesn't seem to work...i pasted the code at bottom of this area. is this correct..?? this is all a little new to me..thanks catrina. mike. Screen-shot-2010-11-20-at-11.47.31-AM.png

catrina

Yes, that is correct. Is the change not taking effect? Note: The code I provided will only change the background color of the widget area inside the box, not the background color for the widget title. Let me know if you'd also like to change the widget title background color, too.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mikeclouse

no it didn't change anything? I just pasted it at the bottom of that page above...

catrina

Is the sidebar you're referring to the Primary Sidebar? Can you send me a link to your website and tell me which sidebars you'd like to change?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Hello, Rather than pasting what I posted before, paste this one:

#sidebar-wrap {background-color: #F5F5F5;}

It will change the entire sidebar background completely (including the widget title background).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mikeclouse

that did the trick, thank you catrina!! mike.

jeanpierrebiasyahoofr

Thank you Catrina for your answer, it kinda helped me but what I want is the sidebar to be separated from blog posts. Maybe add a border that goes all the way down, change the all sidebar color or something like that. I give you my url maybe it can help www.theliquorstore.fr www.theliquorstore.fr/roxanne Thank you and excuse my bad english.