Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Olly

Voyant Bi-lingual Support

Olly

I am considering purchasing Voyant for creating my company's bi-lingual website in both English & Chinese. Does anyone have any experience with using Polylang, WPML or other multi-language wordpress plugins with both Pagelines and Voyant? Are there any issues with using them? Are there any plugins that are better for this purpose.

Thanks in advance!

tmeister

Hy Olly,

Please read, http://wpml.org/forums/topic/hi-there-are-any-news-about-pagelines-dms-2-with-wpml-compatibility/I think the compatibility with the DMS section do not support bi-lingual support.

According with that post the PageLines team is working in the fully integration but there is ready yet.

Best.

Enrique Chavez - Premium DMS Themes, Sections and Plugins.

http://enriquechavez.co

Olly

Oh man that is annoying. What about Polylang? I remember Polylang used to work with previous versions of Pagelines, but I'm not sure about DMS?

Olly

Are there any localised versions of the Voyant theme? Is there a .po file that can be used as the basis for translating? As far as I can tell, Polylang should work with it at least in principle, but to get a proper translation I think I need to localise the theme into Chinese since Polylang will only directly translate the content. Is that correct?

• Similar Content

• JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      We are working on a 2 languages site (https://liguecardioliga.be) with wpml, and lately the call of a category in the loops section (and all the sections requiring a category to select posts) doesn't work in the translated language. It worked well until recently so I wonder if it's because of a recent update (wordpress, wpml, pagelines, a plugin?). Anyone has the same problem? a solution?
      TIA
    • mrhinsh
      By mrhinsh+
      I am trying to get WPML working on my Pagelines instance. I am interested in getting help from anyone that has tried, especially @claudedagenais who seams to have it working.
      My issues are:
      How to translate header and footer How to get the menu to show all nav even if not translated How to get non-translated posts /pages to show up when only in default language - true for Masonry, Newsfront, and other list showing items... I have zero skills in PHP and its my site for my company. 
      note: Multi-lingual is a business decision and is required. I have vetted all of the multi-lingual options and the only one fit for purpose is WPML. 
    • JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      How can you set the translations with platform5, the parts that are not in pages or posts? Texts and images…
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      What's the best way to have multilingual in pl5, any plugin that stands out from the rest and is logical for the pl5-workflow?
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      Are there any instructions for this? Seems like the plugin use standard .mo/.po for translation, but how do I prevent my language file from being overwritten with updates?
      Support for different number and currency formats in sections is also missing. For me this is an issue with Boxes. I can't use the counter with the current format (thousands separator), it looks really odd in Norwegian (and a lot of other languages).