Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikeeg8

Quickslider - height

mikeeg8

Hi,

How do I set the height of the Quickslider please, and also - can I also control the padding on the top and bottom independently please, and how do I do this?

Thank you

M

Danny

Hi Mike,

The QuickSlider is a responsive sliders thats height is determined by the width of the container it is placed, it then calculates this and adjusts the height. If you change the height using custom code, it will likely cause issues with responsiveness and other things, so I wouldn't recommend it.

In regards to the padding independently I am not entirely sure what you're referring to, would it be possible for you to provide more information or screenshots of what padding you're referring please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mikeeg8

Hi Danny,

As you can see, the images within this quick slider are being 'chopped off' at the bottom - so I would like to:

1. Change the paging of the bottom of the QuickCarousel ONLY (the only options within DMS are for both top AND bottom, I'd just like to control the bottom.

OR

2. Do something else that gives me similar look and feel (for example, boxes or similar)

I hop ethat is clear, please do let me know if you need me to clarify.

Thank you

M

Danny

Can you provide a link to the site in question please and also what is the issue with the images is it in the QuickSlider section or the QuickCarousel as you have mentioned both.

mikeeg8

Can you provide a link to the site in question please and also what is the issue with the images is it in the QuickSlider section or the QuickCarousel as you have mentioned both.

Thanks Danny

http://www.greenlandcreative.co.uk/pete

It's the QuickCarousel

Danny

OK, so I have just this moment added your images to a QuickCarousel on one of my test sites and I have no issue with the images - https://cloudup.com/cjCDVUUvmcz

Therefore, I recommend you remove the Carousel and start again and see if this resolves your issue.

mikeeg8

Thanks Danny - worked a treat :-)

Danny

No problem. Did you simply add the images the first time too ? As I was unable to recreate your issue, as soon as I uploaded the images they appears as intended.

mikeeg8

It seems to be fixed by just re-uploading the images. Thanks Danny.

Danny

Okay, cool and no problem.

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.