Sign in to follow this  
bamankwata

Custom Sections Not working

bamankwata

I need two layers of navigation on my site so I tried to create a custom section using the GlobalNav tutorial. However the globalNav menu is not showing up in the options for menus in wordpress admin. Below is the code. I registered the globalnav in the functions file. Below is the code. class BaseGlobalNav extends PageLinesSection { function __construct( $registered_settings = array() ) { $name = __('GlobalNav Section', 'pagelines'); $id = 'globalnav'; $settings = array( 'description' => 'Creates a Global nav Section in Base'. 'workswith' => array('header'), 'icon' => CHILD_IMAGES . '/icon-pullquote.png' ); parent:GDN__construct($name, $id, $settings); } function section_template() { ?><div id="primary-nav" class="global"><?php if(function_exists('wp_nav_menu')){ wp_nav_menu( array('menu_class' => 'main-nav','container' => null, 'container_class' => '','depth' => 3, 'theme_location' =>'globalnav', 'fallback_cb' => 'nav_fallback')); } ?></div><?php } function section_persistent(){ register_nav_menus( array( 'globalnav' => __('Global Navigation', 'pagelines' ))); } } /* End of section class - No classing tag needed */

bamankwata

Thanks for the reply Catrina, so I created the custom function in the "sections" folder in the platformbase folder and modified the function file in the platformbase file. Was that the right thing to do?

bryan-hadaway

Well, is everything working now or are you still experiencing problems? Thanks, Bryan