Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Pro Tools - Search in DMS - DMS2

jmad

I have the most recent versions of ProTools and DMS2 installed.  I have the box in ProTools checked to search inside DMS sections.  The search doesn't seem to work inside the DMS areas.  Is there something else I need to change?

Danny

Hi Jmad,

Yeah appears to be an issue with the option, as I have just added some unique text to a Mediabox and that comes up in the search. However, when I attempt to search for a word that appears in an iBox, I receive the error saying nothing can be found.

I have reported this to our tracker, thanks for reporting this, we appreciate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Redita

Same thing happening to me in different servers. Latest version of everything.

Simon

The search tool will only find sections with settings that are local to the page.

If the section is saved as part of a template it will not work.

The search tool is very very basic im afraid.

Redita

The search tool will only find sections with settings that are local to the page.

If the section is saved as part of a template it will not work.

The search tool is very very basic im afraid.

Even with all pages set to local. It behaves erratically. 

Simon

If you want content searchable it should really be in the page's content area.

Redita

Then why the "search inside DMS sections" option? it should work if it's there ;)

Redita

I can always remove it ;)

Noooooooooo. :bow:

Danny is our witness. He was able to replicate the problem. And since you're awake, please come on and give me a hand here.

jmad

Simon,

Are you saying that if the page is still connected to a template then in won't be searchable?  I don't have my pages locked to a template but I did start some of theme with a template I built.  Would I need to build each similar page from scratch to make sure the search will work?  Anything you would suggest now so I can correct without rebuilding?

With all the tools available in DMS that are both visual and text driven, having the search function be comprehensive for all DMS core sections and any section add-ons via the store is really important.  Using other page composer tools on the backend allows presentation and search ability.   DMS is better because of the flexibility but searching a site and having any and all content return seems important for many sites.  

jmad

Simon_P

On madskydesing dot com I have a search bar temporarily in the footer.  I search for content (something I see on homepage), I have the homepage saved as a template but not linked.  I can't get the search to work for content in DMS boxes.

Please advise.

Jason 

Simon

It wont work for dynamic pages like blog/archives etc etc, because they are not actual pages.

jmad

Okay but that's the homepage selected in WP dashboard.  Same thing applies?

Simon

The plugin searches for a text match in the post_meta table in pl-settings.

Thats why it works on single posts and pages that are set to local.

The sections in DMS and PageLines framework were never meant for searchable content, thats what the wp content area is for ;)

jmad

So does enabling the "search inside DMS sections" work or not?  If so shouldn't it be picking up content in text boxes, media boxes, hero, mastheads, etc?  If the options there it should work.  And with the front-end editor being a big selling point of DMS those sections should be searchable.  

Simon

It was an experimental thing I added in my spare time, and added to the free addon plugin.

It will be removed in the next version.

I thought adding sections to wordpress post content search would be a neat addon, but it came back an bit me because there are simply too many different setups for settings.

jmad

Hmmm.  Seems like your taking things away that should be part of the core.  Is there a good plugin that will solve this problem.  Not having the DMS components searchable isn't cool.  And with the search button built into the menu and other areas it's going to be problematic to work a plugin into a DMS layout. 

I really don't get how this shouldn't be part of the core DMS.  Layout editors like Divi from Elegant Themes are handling this and so are tools like Visual Editor.  Seems like Pagelines needs to step it up here.  

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?