Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreamsight

Header hidden on one page, deletes it sitewide

dreamsight

http://scitechnews.co.uk/

i need two headers. one for the homepage, which is showing - and one FIXED on the all the inner pages which keeps deleting itself - the section is there, but everything included (menu, logo) displays blank after leaving the page and going back, it had definitely saved.

i've done this about 3 times, and its incredibly annoying. so i make both these headers, one above the other, then select section options on the FIXED one to hide it on the homepage only (id 35), then i check the inner pages, and it displays, great!

then i go back to the home page to check, and its showing the correct header, but then i return to the inner pages, and there is no header...

is this a bug? i flushed the PL cache and everything on the last attempt, i have no idea as to what causes this.

am i not meant to hide a fixed section? help please.

dreamsight

incase you need to know, the client asked for a header WITHOUT advertisement on the homepage, so i've made a seperate not-fixed one solely for the homepage. i've also just noticed a guy posted a similar post earlier today, i will attempt recording this issue, i do think i've explained what happens here though, very similar to the other guys issue.

atcdomainsolutions

http://scitechnews.co.uk/

i need two headers. one for the homepage, which is showing - and one FIXED on the all the inner pages which keeps deleting itself - the section is there, but everything included (menu, logo) displays blank after leaving the page and going back, it had definitely saved.

i've done this about 3 times, and its incredibly annoying. so i make both these headers, one above the other, then select section options on the FIXED one to hide it on the homepage only (id 35), then i check the inner pages, and it displays, great!

then i go back to the home page to check, and its showing the correct header, but then i return to the inner pages, and there is no header...
is this a bug? i flushed the PL cache and everything on the last attempt, i have no idea as to what causes this.

am i not meant to hide a fixed section? help please.

Dealing with this same issue on a site. Items I add to my header keep disappearing. I finally gave up on that site and added a fixed header and added things in there and just stopped adding to the non fixed header section.

dreamsight

okay, on my fourth attempt, it does seem to be sticking - i'll bump this post if it disappears again, for the record though, this has happened on sites before.

dreamsight

it's gone again

Danny

Hi,

Although a pain in the backside, would it be possible for you any of you to record your issue. As I am not able to recreate it, unless I am not doing it right. Here is what I am doing:

1. Go to my sites homepage, add a Masthead to the Header region.

2. Hide it using the homepage ID.

3. Visit sample-page and add a Hero section to the Header region.

4. Go to back to my homepage and the Masthead is hidden, but the Hero isn't

So I am not entirely sure what it is I am doing any different then you guys. Therefore, can you record your issue so I can see the steps you take to create the problem. I have done a quick recording myself, so let me know if I am not doing or doing something different to you guys.

http://quick.as/Omn5sJwx

Please search our forums, before posting!

Inbound Horizons Inc.

Danny, I am actually having the same issue too, I am NOT intending to bump this thread but perhaps help clarify what the OP and (myself too) are seeing. I am using the canvas area feature in the header for 'Hide on specific pages or posts' with page IDs for the pages I do NOT want this instance of the header menu to show on. Let's say I have 6 pages on the site where I want to hide this otherwise site-wide menu header on; I am hiding the entire canvas area in the header, not just one element. On any of those 6 pages the header section rightly responds in DMS view with the "Canvas area returned no output" message once I have put in the ID to hide the header canvas area on the page. BUT if I make a change to one of those 6 pages that has the header canvas area hidden, then publish it after clearing the LESS/CSS caches, the other pages where the content is NOT hidden show the header region as blank/empty now as well. Interestingly the now-blank header canvas area still retains the correct CSV for page IDs in the 'Hide on specific pages/posts' text input area, so I know that the canvas area itself is not getting wiped, but all of the elements within it are. 

Could it possibly be that when publishing changes on a page in DMS that has a hidden content area, DMS recognizes the container holding the hidden content (in this case the header canvas area) to update it along with the other page elements, but reads it as empty since content is not displayed, then writes to the DB that the container is empty of elements, thus causing the issue globally on the other pages? I have not been able to replicate this when updating content via DMS on pages that have the header content showing, but on pages with the header content hidden it has happened every time like the OP states above.

Maybe this can help clarify the above issue, I am assuming it is something  others in the PL/DMS community are also experiencing so would be glad to see it resolved. On my install I am using the latest version of DMS and WP 4.3 but the issue had also happened on earlier versions of both. 

2015-09-12_15-07-17.png

2015-09-12_15-22-02.png

dblsae

Hello all. Did this one ever get resolved?  I have the same issue and was wondering if there was a fix. 

My work around is to rebuild my header every time  I make any other website change, but that is getting cumbersome. 

Thanks in advance!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?