This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Little Widgetizer & Sidebar Help... Please!

I am a bit confused by the following situation:

I have WPMU DEV's Custom Sidebar Plugin installed, with a few sidebars created, "Sidebar 1", "Sidebar 2", "Sidebar 3", etc.

I have a Page Template, let's call it "Page With Sidebar".

Within the "Page With Sidebar" template, I have a Widgetizer box, with a Default Sidebar as "Sidebar 1".

Everything works up until this point.

Now, I create a new Page.

From the Edit Page screen, I select DMS Page Setup ->  Load PageLines Template -> "Page With Sidebar".

I scroll a little further down the screen to the Sidebar Menu, that states:

"Here you can replace the default sidebars. Simply select what sidebar you want to show for this post!"

And, I select "Sidebar 2", publish the page, and go to view it to see - "Sidebar 1" on the page.

What am I missing?

Hi Brandon,

I have no experience with that Sidebar plugin. However, if you want to create custom sidebars, we recommend this plugin as we know it works with DMS.

Also, DMS doesn't include an option when creating a page/post to select the sidebar from that screen. Therefore, that is likely coming from the plugin and may not be supported in DMS. To select a sidebar in DMS, you need to use the sections options.

Also, please be aware that you may need to create a different template if you want to use different Sidebars on different pages.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• TallTree
      By TallTree+
      I am trying to remove the sidebar areas from my child theme (pagelines.com) from the post pages on a site:
      The content is all the way to the left and very small, and the two sidebar areas are taking up a lot of space.
      What I'm after is content to the left, taking up most of the space, and then a small sidebar width on the right for widgets.
      I've tried selecting 'read width content' and 'full width content' in the edit screen for the WP content section, but it doesn't change.  If I try to move the sidebars (1 or 2) to the left, it doesn't change.
      If I select the pagelines framework theme (not child), the two sidebars go away when not selecting them in the edit screen..
      Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks in advance.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I have an older site that was built using PageLines several years ago (prior to the release of DMS). I wanted to leverage some of the power of your new PL5 plugin but the theme prevents be from adding any generated custom sidebars to the theme (through the drag and drop interface) and does not allow me to add any PL5 sections/containers/etc to the header or footer. Is there any way to easily override that or am I stuck only using PL5 in the content areas of the site?
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • 888voip
      By 888voip+
      Hey guys, is there any way to get more than 3 sidebars for my site? I'd like to be able to have more than 3 customized sidebars, but I only have Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary sidebars in my Widgets menu.
      How can I go about adding more sidebars? I've seen plugin support for DMS for more sidebars, using the sidebar manager plugin, or others, but nothing regarding Platform 5 sidebar support.
      Any help? Thanks!
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.