Sign in to follow this  
theterribletwos

Addthis Button Appears Twice...

theterribletwos

So, I deactivated then reactivated the addthis Button and it appears twice on the website. I have no idea why, or how to get rid of it. Any thoughts? www.theterribletwos.com.

catrina

Uninstall and install the plugin again and then activate it to see if the 2nd button disappears.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

theterribletwos

I actually just deleted the plugin. The addthis button is still there!?!? How odd is that? I also reinstalled it and now it's just doubling up again. Not sure what is going on. When I firebug it, it says that it's in the <a class, but there isn't any code that appears when I hover over it. Weird and very frustrating.

theterribletwos

I also tried installing another share plugin and it doubled up again. This is really annoying. I can't figure out how to remove it.

catrina

Can you check the plugins folder in your Theme folder and make sure that plugin isn't there anymore?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

theterribletwos

It definitely gets removed from the plugins folder and there is no trace of it left on the dashboard side of things, but for whatever reason, the addthis button still appears on the website. I kind of hate the addthis button!

cmunns

Is it possible there are two version of the plugin that you accidentally downloaded and installed. Maybe we should make a "RemoveThis" plugin for dealing with this pest haha.

theterribletwos

Ha. It's certainly possible that there are two installed versions of the plugin, but I can't seem to locate it. When I uninstall it and delete the files, the plugin still appears on the page, but there is no trace of it (from what I can tell) of the button on the dashboard, yet it still appears on the website. Here's the website so you can see for yourself www.theterribletwos.com. I've used firebug to locate it, but wasn't quite sure what to do with what I saw.

bryan-hadaway

Hi Graham, I'm working with you on this. Please make sure to update the forum as well as we move along. Thanks, Bryan

theterribletwos

Hey guys, as Bryan indicated he's been assisting me with this as is Adam. So far, I've been able to access phpmyadmin and found various instances where addthis still appears. The problem that I know have is that I know NOTHING about php coding. I feel like if I starting meddling, I'm going to make some serious mistakes. Thoughts on how to avoid that?