Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

getting Shadowbox JS to work inside the feature slider

Guest Guest

Hey everyone. I'm setting up a new Platform Pro site but I'm having trouble getting plugins like Shadowbox JS to work inside the Feature Slider. Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to have an image of a YouTube video in one of the sliders (not the actual video) and then have it pop out in a lightbox style format. I have it working on this test page: http://orangeola.com/meggmusic/test/ using the following simple code:

image[/code]

(note image is replaced by an actual img src =) The plugin automatically pops open the YouTube video in a lightbox style window. Now, when I try to use this same code in the Feature Media HTML input box on the feature page, all it does is open the video in a new window full screen, not the popout window. I was having trouble trying to do this with highslide as well. Is there a way to trick the feature box so that the slider is just pulling straight up HTML as if I was editing a page or post? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Guest

Ok apparently my other thread was deleted, sorry for the confusion. I am still having problems getting shadowbox js to work inside the feature box. When I use a custom hack to make the feature text full width and use the code in the feature text area, the youtube video pops out and plays in the shadowbox just fine. When I use the code inside the Feature Media HTML, however, it just opens fullscreen in the same window. I've set up an example of this at http://orangeola.com/meggmusic The first feature is using the full width feature text hack. The problem with this is that I can not make the image the full size of the feature box. The second slide is how I want to do it, but as you can see the shadowbox doesn't work using this method. Any thoughts?

cmunns

Tyler, They both appear to do the same thing. If you want to have the video be fullwidth you likely have to change the plugin code that the shortcode is referencing OR maybe there is an option for it provided by they plugin.