Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timjay

Revert to saved changes

timjay

I tried to make design changes to my homepage but...

a) For some bizarre reason, after I refreshed (I did not publish) the design was NOT how I left it before refreshing...the sizings were all wrong and there were multiple copies of the same sections and elements

and 

b ) I cannot revert the design to what is currently saved/published/ how I had things designed initially.

Does this mean I have re-design everything, including the extra mistakes, resizes and duplicates DMS randomly added on its own? I just want to start over and revert back to the last saved change, showing on the site.

P.S. I used the green/red circle. It is green and I can't click it anymore and nothing changes.

Danny

Hi,

When you have a green indicator, this means you have published your changes, see here for information on the different changes indicator.

http://answers.pagelines.com/The-Interface/the-dms-toolbar

If you do indeed have a green indicator on your page that has the issue, it does indeed mean you have published your changes and you're unable to revert.

Also, it is not possible for DMS to change the sizing of your elements nor add multiple copies of your sections to your template. To investigate this issue, we are going to need some more information such as:

A link to your site

Enable DMS debug

Provide screenshots of what it should look like and what it currently looks like.

What did you do prior to encountering this issue.

Once we have this kind of information, we will be able to investigate the problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

timjay

The indicator was in fact green and the changes were not published.

Elements were reisized and multiplied.

Maybe it's a organization issue: I created one column and add two more columns inside it (one size8, the other size4). In the first inner column I added a highlight. In the other I added 2 one slide quicksliders. When I refreshed, the main column shrunk to size 4 and the quicksliders were duplicated 3 or 4 times. 

I fixed the issue, by removing the first inner column. This is all I can show you at the moment.

Danny

In DMS if the changes indicator is green this means you changes have been published, as far as DMS is concerned. If you clicked publish, you can not revert your changes via the indicator. 

Also, It is not possible in DMS to use a Column section and then drag and drop other column sections inside it. So can you provide the exact steps used to have a Column section with Column sections inside it please, as this isn't possible.

timjay

I never published anything. I made changes and refreshed the page. That's when things were resized and duplicated. I pressed the red/pink indicator to undo unpublished changes, but the mess on screen (duplicates, resizes,etc) was still there. It would not revert to what was published and showing on the live site.

You can recreate this problem by:

going to a homepage

add a column and make it full width (size 12) --Column A

Add a separate column and make it size 8--Column B.

Then drag Column B inside of  Column A

Create another column (size 4) and also drag it in the main column next to Column B --Column C

Add a Highlight with image to column B and two 1-slide quicksliders into Column C..Add 1 image to each slider and delete the other slides

Refresh the page.

Try to "Undo unpublished changes"

Danny

Sections can not resize or duplicate on their own, if this has happened then the likely cause is either a third party script or plugin. I recommend you disable all plugins and remove all script you may have added, then see if the issue persists.

In-regards to Columns being added inside one another, this is simply not possible and not how the Column sections were mean't to be used. I have tried several times to recreate your suggestion and was unsuccessful. I even recorded a video of one of my attempts.

http://quick.as/QmJPsB0x

If you have managed this, then this isn't how the Column sections were mean't to be used. As you can not have Columns inside one another, then we are going to need to see you doing this yourself via a video.

sigep739

For the record, I totally agree that the indicator light will be green without having saved changes.  I will make unpublished changes, hate them.. try to revert but I can't because the indicator is green.  I can check on other cmputers, etc and the changes are not published.

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.