Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbcowan

Tag Cloud in Page Header

mbcowan

Is it possible to put a tag cloud into a Page Header and, if so, how?

Danny

Hi,

If you're referring to the header area of your template, then all you would need to add a Columizer section to your header, configure it to use a sidebar and then add the tag cloud widget to that sidebar.

However, if you're referring to the Page Header section itself, then that isn't a widgetized section and there is no way to do this without using custom code.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mbcowan

It's the latter. Okay thanks Danny. I'll leave it as a future enhancement.

Danny

Unfortunately, that section will never support widgets, as it is a full width Header section. You could add a widgetized section above or underneath the Page Header section, but you will not be able to include widgets in that section, as that is not what it was designed to do.

mbcowan

Got it. Just a wacky idea I had, but no worries. It's very non-essential, thanks!

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      I have been unsuccessfully trying to get my 3-column widgetized footer aligned centered. The widget section itself is aligned left because the alignment appears to be controller the widget's content only. The container that contains the widget section is aligned centered. I have chosen a 3 column layout and I added 3 widgets, assuming they would be aligned centered.
      Any idea of what I may be doing wrong?
      The page is question is: http://www.michaelkummer.com
      Thanks
      Michael
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, how do I show tags in WP-content-section... or what am I missing out? 
    • novusweb
      By novusweb+
      We're seeing an abnormal break in widgets in Safari (El Capitan v10.11.4). 3 Widgets set for 4 of 12 columns each breaks correctly in Chrome and Firefox, but the 3rd widget goes to another line in Safari.
      Screenshot attached.
      Hoping there's a CSS fix you could recommend in the meantime, until an update. You can see this on our home page: www.novusweb.com.
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • Dana
      By Dana+
      Hi DMS team,
      Please help out on how to add Post tags to the bottom of each post. Tried looking at the hooks tutorials but not sure what to do here.
      Thanks a lot.