Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rijans

Any way to bring the search bar on Hover ?

rijans

Any possible way to bring the search bar on hover, rather than expanding by click? Tanking about navbar search button.

.....Being a code noob, I want highest control as much as possible! What a mismatch! ......

.......Feeling Rockstar with DMS! .......

....I believe there's nothing like DMS....

Danny

Hi,

Not entirely sure what you're referring to, can you provide more information or an example please. 

Please search our forums, before posting!

rijans

Hi,

Not entirely sure what you're referring to, can you provide more information or an example please. 

Hover your mouse over http://mashable.com'ssearch icon on top. See what happens. This is what I am asking.

.....Being a code noob, I want highest control as much as possible! What a mismatch! ......

Danny

Thats likely using JavaScript or Jquery to do that, you will probably want to search Google or ask this question on StackOverflow.

rijans

Thanks Danny for letting me know. However having such option in DMS would be useful for all!

Danny

I will make be sure to pass your feedback onto our developers.

• Similar Content

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      How can I remove the Search function from NavPro?
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, i'm working on a webshop, and got this code to really boost the search within WP. But when adding this code to functions.php the front end media library search flipped totally, and not working at all, any ideas what's the problem?
      function atom_search_where($where){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $where .= "OR (t.name LIKE '%".get_search_query()."%' AND {$wpdb->posts}.post_status = 'publish')"; return $where; } function atom_search_join($join){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $join .= "LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->term_relationships} tr ON {$wpdb->posts}.ID = tr.object_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->term_taxonomy} tt ON tt.term_taxonomy_id=tr.term_taxonomy_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->terms} t ON t.term_id = tt.term_id"; return $join; } function atom_search_groupby($groupby){ global $wpdb; // we need to group on post ID $groupby_id = "{$wpdb->posts}.ID"; if(!is_search() || strpos($groupby, $groupby_id) !== false) return $groupby; // groupby was empty, use ours if(!strlen(trim($groupby))) return $groupby_id; // wasn't empty, append ours return $groupby.", ".$groupby_id; } add_filter('posts_where','atom_search_where'); add_filter('posts_join', 'atom_search_join'); add_filter('posts_groupby', 'atom_search_groupby');  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      HI,
      Search function doesn't seem to work. 
      When ever searching for something it redirect to the home page and add the search string to the url.
      For example searching for "cases" it would display https://queue-it.com/?s=cases
      Do you know how to solve that? 
    • tkpagelines
      By tkpagelines+
      Hi there ,
      i would like to change the color of menu items on hover and the current menu item. Both should have the same color, but not the color given of the theme scheme.
      Any suggestions ? Maybe a css snippet ?

Thanks
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Would be great to have the ability to include a search option within menus and within Splashup - is this possible?